Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What To Do In September?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Probably wrong place, but anyway:

Due to some personal problems and my work placement manager messing me about, I have nothing to do in September. I have dcided that September wouldn't be a good time to carry on with Child Care and I can't just sit around all day doing nothing.

Anyone got any ideas of what I could instead? I have had a look on the job centre website for jobs, but for various reasons, most (if not, all) of the jobs are unsuitable.

Thank you.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why are they unsuitable?
    Most of them are either too far for me to travel or have hours like 7pm - 2am and I'm not walking home at that time of night.
    When I've worked until the early hours, I've always been offered either a free taxi, or a subsidised one (the most I had to pay was £2). You might be able to ask if these jobs have anything like that.

Having said that, I'd be very very surprised if there aren't any jobs at all you can do in your local area. Especially in September when all the students give up their summer jobs. There are usually vacancies everywhere.

Only advice I can give you is to keep looking.
    If you have a job in mind, with hours you can and are willing to work, you can make prospective calls to employers in the area. A company I called last year in sept had me in for an interview, but I couldn't do the hours. The recruiter phoned me in Jan from a different company, but my availability had changed, so I couldn't do the hours then either. He phoned me again two weeks ago with a job on flexi-hours, and I started last week and love it. It really is worth phoning around places you'd like to work even if they're not advertising, or they're advertising for a job other than one you'd like. You can always ask people to keep your CV on record unitl something comes up and then make a follow up call a few weeks later.
    kaffrin wrote: »
    There are usually vacancies everywhere.

:yes: thats right. so it depends on how picky you are about what you do.
    Thank you.:)