Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO kermit!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fella has just bought a vectra, on monday. My fella did a part exchange and 100 pounds. We drove around on tuesday and it was juddering, anyway it turned out it was the gear box. The man who he bought it off got it fixed..... then tonight we was driving around in it again and it was doing the same but not as bad

My fella wants his old car back, and the man to give us the 100 quid back. Where do we stand legally??? It comes with 28 days warranty (the legal minninum)

Please help!!

Sorry this is in the wrong forum, but really desperate!! Supposed to be going on holiday in it in a few hours!:crying:

Comments

• Options
    If you've got breakdown cover, then take it, but any problems won't be resolved straight away.

I got the PM and everything, I got the message, but it's not something I can give too much advice on. Give Consumer Direct a call in the morning.
  • Options
    I realise it is not your area, but if we did break down and needed it fixing in order to get home, would we be within our legal rights to send them a bill for the repairs?
  • Options
    I would've thought that if there was nothing with it when you got it (was there anything wrong then?) you couldn't really do anything about it?