Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Get your MP to support EDM 1885: Respect

DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
So here I am, turning up on the Boards for like the first time in a year and what do i do?? - ask you for some help.

Yesterday Dawn Butler MP tabled an Early Day Motion supporting the campaign YouthNet has been working on for some time: Respect.

EDM 1885:
"...acknowledges that only a small minority of young people are antisocial; believes that the media does not give young people enough recognition for the positive things they do; and urges Hon. Members to ensure young people's views are represented in public debate by creating opportunities for their input such as holding youth surgeries and visiting schools, colleges and universities"

We want as many MPs to sign up to the EDM as possible. By clicking here, you can email your MP directly (although feel free to edit the text in there so it sounds like it actually comes from you rather than a youth-robot). Alternatively, you can contact your MP through this site http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/

thanks loads,

Dom

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Done.
    I'd ask if he wasn't such a child hating fuckwit. I get the feeling that he have them up the chimney if he could.

No innuendo intended.
    My MP signed it today! :D

Nothing like illustrating the point locally.

Local paper: Vandalism by the youths on the St Johns estate.

Civic Service (new mayors enrollment): My Scouts (from aforesaid estate) acting as ushers for the various County Mayors, MP, Councillors etc. No where near the local news.
    How do you find out if they've signed it?
    You can see on the right hand side of this page
    Jim V wrote: »
    You can see on the right hand side of this page

What page?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Mine probably wont sign as hes a bit of a tit. I'll do it though.
    I can't see any reason why my MP wouldn't sign, as it's the kind of think that would make him look in touch with 'verkids', but he doesn't appear to have done so yet, so I'll spread the word...
    I'm surprised mine hasn't signed it, he fancys himself as the peoples person usually. Twat.
    Sent.

He'll probably sign it. He sent me a nice letter last time I sent him a generic email (something about seal culling in Canada) :D.
    If you are interested in this why not look at the v regional volunteer post, BYC are campaigning for issues including this one. As a volunteer you are able to work in your local area to promote the issues and increase the number of signatures.
    Mine signed. But he looks like Santa.
    Mine signed it :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Mine still hasn't decided to reply to my letter yet!
    Mine signed it.
    I had this as a reply :eek2:

Dear Jemma

Many thanks for your email to Jessica Morden MP, Jessica has asked me to send you the following message;

Unfortunately as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Wales I am unable to sign EDMs, however I am very interested in your comments and agree with your views that many young people are misrepresented. I will look for other opportunities in the House of Commons to raise these points. If I can help in any other way please don?t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards Jessica

Dictated by and sent on behalf of Jessica Morden MP

Jo Holmes

Office of Jessica Morden MP

Westminster Office: 0207 2196135

Constituency Office: 01633 841725
    Got a letter from Roberta Blackman-Woods today,

she says she has allready signed it :)