Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Important Are A-Levels?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    xsazx wrote: »
    thanks... really. We're not all air heads that don't give a toss about others/our lives. The majority of my mates all have a general idea as to what they want to do, or at least care about their future chances by putting their best efforts into the subjects they've decided to take further

I always said that. When it came down to it though I got a serious b/f spent my time messing about with him, did little or no work for my A-Levels because I lost all motivation and it showed in my results.

Thankfully 7 years on and finally finished a degree in a completely different subject to what I started, gettin BCCC (old school system for me as well though) hasn't effected the job I've been able to get.
    Kazbo wrote: »
    I always said that. When it came down to it though I got a serious b/f spent my time messing about with him, did little or no work for my A-Levels because I lost all motivation and it showed in my results.

That worked the opposite for me. Being with him motivated me to do well and try harder :)
    course not, you've tried your best, and will succeed. I'm talking the chav lot that go round threatning everyone disrupting every lesson trying to be as disruptive and as annoying as possible. As one of them mentioned in our careers lesson "i either want to marry a millionaire or live off the dole" - thats what i'm getting at by people who dont care

Ah right :) It's just the way you wrote it. Are you waiting for any results?
    sorry i've just got huge grudges against chavs who have succeeded in screwing my life/chances up to their utmost ability. Yea gcses in august =]

Such people will only screw your life up if you let them. You should be fine with your GCSE's then :) I did much better than i thought i would have done with minimal revision. Makes me wish i tried harder because i could have done better.
    Ugh...

I don't have very good A levels... I was diagnosed with learning difficulties less than a month before my final exams and also, I was experiencing mental health problems...

Still I'm hitting 2:1s/1:1s in university.

I would say that experience says it all, both with degrees and A levels. The person with the experience and the good interview skills will be the best. There are too many degree graduates (and let's face it... You don't need to be anything special to pass a degree) and not enough people who've worked in the field or volunteered.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Oh my god, my a levels were shocking squeal and that is apparently (according to a partner at Cobbetts) why I have no job. If I could go back I would work instead of going out and getting pissed!
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Oh my god, my a levels were shocking squeal and that is apparently (according to a partner at Cobbetts) why I have no job. If I could go back I would work instead of going out and getting pissed!
    Hindsight is the most wonderful thing in the world. Pity it's so bloody retrospective.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Hindsight is the most wonderful thing in the world. Pity it's so bloody retrospective.

I know, but then I like to drink so much I would probably just do the same thing all over again! :p
    as 4 me it`s not important at all. But my mother wants it- so I have it... But I hate it.
    Stop worrying. You'll be fine. No matter what your results are, there are always options.

true, but i only like the one which involves lots of As :(