Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do I do now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I passed my Diploma (Theatrical and Media Makeup) a few weeks ago, but won't receive the official certificate until the end of august.

I've accepted a conditional offer at Uni through UCAS, where the conditional offer is based upon passing the said Diploma.

Apparently, I'm meant to send my Diploma certificate to the Uni, in order for my conditional to become unconditional and for me to confirm my offer.

I don't want to leave it til August as that seems a bit later, but not sure how else to do it... does anyone have any ideas? Thanks x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Probably best contacting the university and explaining the circumstances.

They may be able to check your results etc and let you in.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If it isn't one of the results that the uni can confirm direct with the exam board then you will have to wait for the certificate.

The unis know when they come out so you won't be late as such. August doesn't seem particularly late, none of the A level results come out until mid August.

It's also worth remembering that until the certificates are published the result is not confirmed for most things.
    xsazx wrote: »
    yea what Scary said, have you got a tempory certificate like you get with GCSE?

You mean the bit of paper telling you your results?
    We don't get anything like a statement of results - just the certificate. My tutor did make us an 'unofficial' certificate to congratulate us on completing the dip, but I'm not sure if they'd take that...

I'll phone the uni today I think, and speak to the tutor on the FdA.

Thanks.
    yeah, i'd do that, but as it's been mentioned a-level results don't come out until august so it'll be fine to wait until then i'd think.
    Kat_B wrote: »
    yeah, i'd do that, but as it's been mentioned a-level results don't come out until august so it'll be fine to wait until then i'd think.
    :yes:.

As long as you know you've got what you need, it shouldn't be a problem. I've gotta wait another month til I get accepted for definite even though I know I'm in, but I'm not too worried :D.
    Contacting the Uni might be a good idea as well though, as I know with some NVQ or BTEC certificates they can be delayed coming through. They might be content with contacting your tutor to confirm the details - then again, I can't be sure on that.

After all you could get a postman like mine who delivered them to the wrong address last year.... (though I think only our postman is that dippy)