Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Exam results

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anybody else not had theirs back yet?

If you have, how did it go?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got enough to get on my postgrad course which im happy about. I got a 2:2 though. 58 :( Im the only person i know to get a 2:2
    I have I have I have :D.

But nobody will understand them, so I won't say what they are ;o. I passed though :D.
    I have.

Got a 2:1 (67%). So thats me graduated and got the requirements for my grad job. :D
    Kazbo wrote: »
    I have.

Got a 2:1 (67%). So thats me graduated and got the requirements for my grad job. :D

Me too. Though I don't know what percentage I got.

Though I do know I got a 71 in one of my units. Result.
    I got a 2:1 :)
    My brother just got a 2.1 in Economics, is the grade distribution like this across the country?? Like 80% getting a 2.1 and barely anyone a 2.2? No 3rds anymore?
    Yay to all you smart asses people ;):D
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    My brother just got a 2.1 in Economics, is the grade distribution like this across the country?? Like 80% getting a 2.1 and barely anyone a 2.2? No 3rds anymore?

Lots of people got a 2:2 at my uni. In fact I know 1 other who got a 2:1 and 1 who got a 1st. All the rest of my mates got 3rds or 2:2's.

Though I do know I got a 71 in one of my units. Result.

I got 77% in my dissertation I'm well chuffed. :D
    Would it not depend on what your degree was in anyway? Aren't some going to be harder than others?
    I got a 2.1 in Psychology :) Well done everyone.

Only thing is, it says candidates who have agreed to the publication of their names. Maybe all the 2:2 and 3rd graduates didn't want their names published?
    2.1 fuck yeah
    2:1 at the end of year 2...

Not happy with myself... Need to work harder.
    ^ wtf?
    Namaste wrote: »

2:1 is a brilliant grade - I'd be v pleased with myself if that's what I was getting. Unfortunately I look to be on course for a 2:2. I don't want a Desmond :(
    Everyone has done better than me. This makes me feel like turning into a bitter and twisted super villain.
    silverhalo wrote: »
    I got a 2.1 in Psychology :) Well done everyone.

Moi aussi :D
    2:1 is a brilliant grade - I'd be v pleased with myself if that's what I was getting.

:yes:

I get some of mine on Wednesday (I think) and another lot at the end of August.
    I passed my first year, wooooo :D
    Namaste wrote: »

Seriously, wtf? You don't need a 1st, a 2.1 is good enough for any top job. Or are you insecure and feel the need to 'be the best' for no reason/purpose?
    Seriously, wtf? You don't need a 1st, a 2.1 is good enough for any top job. Or are you insecure and feel the need to 'be the best' for no reason/purpose?

I would give alot to have gotten a 2:1. :|
    Ive just passed my second year!!! Woot!!!

Averaged a 2:1 in my major and a 2:2 in my minor! Was well chuffed :yippe:
    Since this thread is here I'll just take the opportunity to boast about my brother's results. He just finished his first year of a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) at LSE, with not only an average mark of Distinction, but with THE best results of the whole class. :D :hyper:
    He's even earned a monetary prize for it.

I'm sorry but I can't resist to boast, I'm just one proud sister! :heart::D:D
    xsazx wrote: »
    awww congrats all :D gotta wait till august still for my gcses but I want them now so I can decide which of the grammars to accept the place for and complete the preparation work for it (mums saying do both schools but when taking 5 A levels at one school or 6 IB the work load is huge with 30/40 page booklets per subject :()
    Do IB do IB do IB!

You won't have to wait so long for your results at the end, if that helps ;).
    xsazx wrote: »
    it that good? hehe yea im 90% certain I will do the IB now as it seems to be the way exams are going in grammars/independant schools and the teaching seems better (some of the highest results in the country)
    I finished my exams before some of my A-Level friends had even started theirs (last one was May 23rd) , and I got my results over a month before they do (July 6th). Longer summer, yes?

IB IS awesome, anyway, and if you need any help, you know who to ask ;).
    I get my results tomorrow - absolutely shitting it!
    I should've got mine by now (they're in the post) but haven't.:(
    icey wrote: »
    I get my results tomorrow - absolutely shitting it!
    Good luck :D.
    2:1 is a brilliant grade - I'd be v pleased with myself if that's what I was getting. Unfortunately I look to be on course for a 2:2. I don't want a Desmond :(

Well I got a 68 average from year 2, so there's always time to pull it up 3%.

Thing is, I'm about to enter a very competitive field (if anyone considers me) and really want to do well. Most of the universities I'm looking at to eventually go on to do Masters want a 1:1... In the human rights field, I'll be up against Oxbridge graduates whose parents have paid for them to travel the world too... It's tough.

Nope... Check some university prospectuses... They want a 1st for Masters.