Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Purity ring

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the ring is done by a poltical organisation who want to teach in schools effectively, and the sikh turban is needed to keep their hair tidy, and they dont look bad when done tight either

the ring is a political statement, cant allow that in a school if u have a uniform code, simple really
    Just out of instance, in this day and age and considering the stories of so many people who are members of this board, does anyone actually still believe that uniforms help prevent bullying?
    Just out of instance, in this day and age and considering the stories of so many people who are members of this board, does anyone actually still believe that uniforms help prevent bullying?

Wrong thread?:confused:
    the ring is done by a poltical organisation who want to teach in schools effectively, and the sikh turban is needed to keep their hair tidy, and they dont look bad when done tight either

the ring is a political statement, cant allow that in a school if u have a uniform code, simple really

how is a girl doing something for herself, that she beleaves in any diffrent from a sikh growing his hair and wearing a turban?

I think they're a good idea, and that they probably do cut down bullying.

It's more about conforming...
    Territt wrote: »
    how is a girl doing something for herself, that she beleaves in any diffrent from a sikh growing his hair and wearing a turban?

Have you actually read any of this thread?

One is a business statement, one is religious. Can you guess which is which?
    Purity rings are a sign to a girl that her worth to her father and future husband is predicated on whether or not her hymen is intact.

How demeaning is that?
    Caitlain wrote: »
    Purity rings are a sign to a girl that her worth to her father and future husband is predicated on whether or not her hymen is intact.

How demeaning is that?

Is it? or is it a sign that she's not going to have a quick shag behind the bike sheds?
    Or is it a sign that she's fallen for some basic advertising scam?
    Or is it a sign that she's fallen for some basic advertising scam?

just like most religions?
    I'd be more worried about the origin of these rings than the actual rings themselves. They smack of the unhealthy fascination that the Judo-Christian religions seems to have with all matters sexual. They always seem to be banning it, telling you how and how not to have it, who you can have it with, or indulging in underage versions of it themselves.
    Oh, what a shame.

I especially like this bit:
    The judge ordered Miss Playfoot's father to pay £12,000 towards the school's legal costs.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I like the sounds of that judge!
    Good
    And where would i get one of these purity rings?
    Lacy wrote: »
    And where would i get one of these purity rings?

:lol:
    Oh, what a shame.

I especially like this bit:

Damn. I was hoping this case would set a precedent for me to wear my 'The Fellowship of Fellatio Fanatics' cheese hat. :impissed:
    The ring thing is bollox!

Thank you very much,

Goodnight.