Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bumping up the grade of work...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
In order to get the distinction for my work this year thta i believe i deserve, i need to bump 2 pieces of work up, and i've been told that i need to bulk out 2 paragraphs in these 2 essays, but i'm consistantly finding myself going over the word count...it there a way to avoid this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you actually need to include everything you have done? Is there anything you can leave out or rephrase differently so that you don't go over the word count?
    You probably know this already, but most unis turn a blind eye to 10% above or below the 'limit'.
    Find the waffle in other paragraphs, particularly any introductiony type ones and see if you can cut that down a bit. Should give you some lee way.
    It's also best to go in depth about a few examples, than give an overview of all of them. So think about any times you might've spoken about more than you need to, and use the extra words to develop any ideas in more detail in another area of the essay.
    i've been told that i really need to leave the rest of the essays and just do these paragraphs and i'm way over anyway...i've cut out the waffle in both the assignments and there isn't much more i can cut out