Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Makin progress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought I'd put a thread on here to let y'all know how I''ve been getting on after that last post.

Been smoking a fair bit of weed lately but thats no concern I pick it up and drop it. I've had some heavy pill sessions partly due to the fact I'm at a rave every single week, which is all good in moderation but I have been stupid and douple dropped multiple times in short spaces of time etc, started to get the comedowns back its time to pack that in. Coke I pretty much don't touch. Alcohol in moderation. Still on the benzos. I'm looking for a job, I'm back in college in a couple of months.

Been eating healthy, plenty of exercise etc. I look really well, I'm a lot happier generally, not worrying about money I owe etc, now I'm worrying about the things that really matter. Which does get me down but at the end of the day it's life & I should be worrying about what I'm going to do/ job etc.

I've got a great support network with family & friends, my motivations improved along with my willpower. I'm definately becoming a much better person. I'm heading were I want to be... and I think because of the experiences I've had I appreciate life so much more. I wouldn't change a single thing. The say ignorance is bliss awareness is a bastard but it's about using awareness to your advantage. I've really helped a lot of people who are in the same situation.

It all takes so much will power and strength of mind but it's made me realise you are never anything you you don't choose to be, you are in control and can be anything you want, you've just got to make the decision to do it and stick to it.

I have some amazing coincidences that stun me. I really do think it all serves a bigger purpose. It's all so inspiring.

I'm not where I wan't to be yet and I'm still struggling to keep on the straight and narrow but stopping abusing drugs doesn't mean your bad for still using them responsibly. I hope anybody can read this and take from it.

You don't have to hit rock bottom before you come back up, it can make you or break you but if your strong enough you can become a better person than you ever would have been gaining so many insights into life its unbelievable. I've got so much more confidence and know myself a lot better.

I've struggled through anxiety/depression etc and realised that you choose to be anxious or depressed or there is something causing it that you can change. If something doesn't feel right one day, then you need to make changes in your life until it feels right again.

It's like I've been on a journey I've seen heaven and I've seen hell. I've done it all from smack to ketamine to acid and had some great times and met some great people. I've also lost out on a few things. But the positives far outweigh the negatives and now that I've done it all, I have no need to experiement. I know what its all like.

Life is the most complex and rewarding drug I'm grateful for the fact that I'm alive.

I've still got a long way to go and I still use drugs, it's not using drugs that is a problem with ANYONE its their approach to drugs.

All the best everyone. I'm getting there, it's as easy or as hard as you make it. You have to want to do it... it took a lot of thought but I've realised that to get anywere in life I've got to look forward and try and become the person I wan't to be in 5 years time.

I'm looking to the future and the future looks good from here! I'm ready for anything life can throw at me. I fear nothing at all wheras before I was full of fears and what ifs. I just exist I simply AM.

I've realised that its okay to feel overcome with negatives, dont fight it, its there for a reason, think about it and think about how to make it right.

I sound like a jaded drug using preacher but I'm being 100% straight up. I know a lot of you on here will know were I'm coming from.

Stay headstrong! Keep focused! When I'm done I'm gonna feel more complete than I thought anyone could.

I'm so happy I've had all the experiences I've learnt more than a lot of people do in a lifetime.

Keep it real! :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good post!

Glad to hear things are getting better for you mate.