Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interviews and body language

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Check out the latest Job article - 'Good body language for interviews' here: http://ned.thesite.org.uk/careers/job/body_language_for_interviews.html

Got any good tips to share with other Site users?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Karla:
    Check out the latest Job article - 'Good body language for interviews' here: http://ned.thesite.org.uk/careers/job/body_language_for_interviews.html

Got any good tips to share with other Site users?

I've always gone to interviews with the atitude that I'm interviewing them. I have to see if the job is what I'm looking for. That attitude has always aleviated some of the nerves for me.

The only jobs I haven't been offered were my first two interviews, and a job that I was desperate for.

I have been on both sides & believe me, it's nerve racking being on the other side of the desk too.

Always have some questions ready because they always ask if you have any questions. One time, when I hadn't prepared any questions I said "no..." and thought for a couple of second then "no, I think you've covered everything, thank you" I think that got me out of it.

Never just come straight out with it & say "what's the salary?" Better to ask what the prospects are. They'll tell you what the salary is when they write to you if you get the job.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about it any more. lol

J9

• Options
    My hubby has to interview ppl in his job and he reckons that it has put him in a better position when he has been interviewed himself because he knows what its like to be on both sides of the desk.

I agree with you, J9. When he got interviewed recently he went in with the attitude that he was interviewing them. Finding out if this was really the job for him.

The interviewer told my hubby that it was the easiest interview he had ever given because he was so confident in sparking up his own conversation.

On another note, I read that there are classes that you can take to become a more confident speaker. Its based on breathing exercises and is supposed to be really good.

If you can show confidence in speaking and can make the interviewer feel comfortable you can't go far wrong.
  • Options
    (because i want stars)
    My friend - who works in a personal office - said not to use bright paper or envolopes because the employee thinks you a joke!

BaRt
    Live Life On The Edge!