Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What will I need ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to fill in a claim for to see if i can claim my tax back as soon as possible as I'm being taxed way to high and am missing chunks of my wage which i simply cannot afford to lose, that and I shouldn't be getting taxed in the first place !

What exactly will i need to either help fill in the relevant form and/or send off with the form ?

If i need an end of year tax form which you usually get sent out to you by your employer then at the moment i do not have this.

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Phone up the Inland Revenue, explain your situation and they will point you in the right direction. More than likely send you a form to fill. Easy!
  • Options
    You could PM Joolyknockers and ask nicely. She works for the tax office.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    You could PM Joolyknockers and ask nicely. She works for the tax office.

:yes: Shes pretty knowledable.

Phone the general enquiries line and explain the suituation and they can send you what you need. You should have had your P60 (end of year certificate) by now. The legal deadline to recieve them is end of May. The IR might except payslips, but you might to provide quite a few.
  • Options
    Are you talking about tax paid during 06/07 or tax paid since 6th April?

If it's 06/07 tax and you were employed at 5th April you should have a P60 by now. To be honest, rather than me guessing at what you have and haven't got - I would send your P60 into your tax office and ask what other information they require in order to repay any overpaid tax. Take a photocopy and send the original in.

You could also use the phone helpline (look on the HMRC site for general enquiries contact centre numbers) You can check your current tax code at the same time and they will let you know what information is needed from you to restore a full cumulative tax code.

Payslips cannot be accepted for repayment purposes so don't send them in!!