Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ne info on working at sea? plz?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know its not a very common field of work but does ne1 have ne information on working at sea? ive spent a lot of time at sea and have fallen in love with it, ive recently returned from a trip at sea and i already miss it beyond belief , please please email me if u have ne information.
katerina

Comments

• Options
    The Navy is the best option although women aren't allowed in submarines for some stupid reason.
    Why not contact the Voluntary Work Overseas and similar sites cos even though the work's voluntary, you can gain experience.
    Also, look up marine biology and conservation, or look up info on the tourist industry.

ARE YOU FEELING LIKE YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN PLANNED OUT FOR YOU?
    ARE YOU FEELING LIKE A SOCIAL TOOL WITHOUT A USE?
    SCREAM AT ME UNTIL MY EARS BLEED, I'M TAKING HEED JUST FOR YOU.
  • Options
    thanks phoenix,
    ne idea what kind of qualifications i woujld need, im just startin year eleven so i have plenty of time but i was kind of hoping to also go to university, would this be possible if i was planning in having a career in the navy?
    kat
  • Options
    If you're just starting year 11 then you need to be thinking about what GCSE's are the most important, if I was you I'd focus on biology, maths and english cos they will help u in almost any job.
    I'm not sure about university though, if u want to work with marine life then you'd have to get a degree in zoology or somthin'.
    try this site cos it's full of info for all jobs http://www.reachforthesky.co.uk
    hope it helps!

ARE YOU FEELING LIKE YOUR LIFE HAS BEEN PLANNED OUT FOR YOU?
    ARE YOU FEELING LIKE A SOCIAL TOOL WITHOUT A USE?
    SCREAM AT ME UNTIL MY EARS BLEED, I'M TAKING HEED JUST FOR YOU.