Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Grade gettin dragged down :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hey,

I study psychology with counselling. I want to go into counselling as a career, however my results arent as good as id like them to be. The problem is with my psychology side of it (im between a 2:1 and 2:2). My counselling is good and im expecting a first in it, however i think my overall grade is going to be brought down cos of my psychology. Will employers for counselling look at my whole grade and judge me on that, or will they take into account the counselling side of it alone which is a lot better? Hope this makes sense!

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no they won't judge you on that unless you're doing a BACP accredited course. most employers wouldn't even look at employing you, with or without a degree, unless you have BACP accredation.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks. I understand i need to be BACP accredited, and will be doing all of that. Just wanted to put my mind at ease that my psychology lowering my average wont affect my chances doing counselling.