Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gap year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a Gap year coming up in 12 months, but I was just wondering what kind of thing is good to do. Tapping into the wisdom of all you ppl older than I, what kind of thing is best - getting a job overseas, volunteer work in 3rd World etc - where and with whom? Any and all help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Try looking at the Year Off section on TheSite for some ideas. Have a great time!
    http://www.thesite.org/careers/year_off/

• Options
    Good advice from Karla. You can also go to http://www.google.com and type in "student year out" there's lots of things to look at in there. Whatever you do, stay safe and enjoy it, you will come back with a different view on life - that's for sure.
    Have a good one !!
  • Options
    What actually is gap year?
  • Options
    Gap year is a year out in between finishing school and starting uni. It is a choice some ppl make cos they want a long break before more intensive studying or cos the experience they can gain from it are often invaluable.

A number of factors helped me in choosing to take a gap year. I'll finish school when I'm 17, and I still don't have any real thought as to what I want to study or do in later life. A year out could give me some direction and time to think about it.

That's my view of a gap year, anyway.
  • Options
    Gap year is a year out in between finishing school and starting uni. It is a choice some ppl make cos they want a long break before more intensive studying or cos the experience they can gain from it are often invaluable.

A number of factors helped me in choosing to take a gap year. I'll finish school when I'm 17, and I still don't have any real thought as to what I want to study or do in later life. A year out could give me some direction and time to think about it.

That's my view of a gap year, anyway.