Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Resubbmitting Work..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just done first year uni. Summer break. Feel like resubmitting some work for a better mark. I know the deadlines august, but I'm not sure what date. Anyone have an idea?

...also

If i have two projects in a module. Do I have to get at least 40% in each project to pass? or can I get 40% in one project and pass the module. I'm asking this because I've not handed in a project for a module. If i got 40% orr above in the one that I did hand in, will I still pass?

A little confused. Thanks. Dan.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not really something that we can help with as all these will be specific to your course and your uni.

Is there someone like a course co ordinator, or do you have an academic tutor of some kind? They may be able to help.
    Do you have a module document or anything similar, should explain the marking system in there..
    It's not really something that we can help with as all these will be specific to your course and your uni.

Is there someone like a course co ordinator, or do you have an academic tutor of some kind? They may be able to help.

Yes, but getting hold of him out of term time is a ball ache.
    Do you have a module document or anything similar, should explain the marking system in there..

Yes. I should of looked, I haven't all year :yeees: I get briefs go straight to deliverables and ignore anything else.
    Can you not access it online?
    if you re-submit you'll probably find your new mark will be capped at a 40.. at the most.

eta: to your other question, no i think you need to do better than getting two 40s. i got 55 in one half of a unit and need to get a 40 in the other half to pass.
    if you re-submit you'll probably find your new mark will be capped at a 40.. at the most.

eta: to your other question, no i think you need to do better than getting two 40s. i got 55 in one half of a unit and need to get a 40 in the other half to pass.

rite, got it...
    Box wrote: »
    Just done first year uni. Summer break. Feel like resubmitting some work for a better mark. I know the deadlines august, but I'm not sure what date. Anyone have an idea?

...also

If i have two projects in a module. Do I have to get at least 40% in each project to pass? or can I get 40% in one project and pass the module. I'm asking this because I've not handed in a project for a module. If i got 40% orr above in the one that I did hand in, will I still pass?

A little confused. Thanks. Dan.

I would expect that you need an overall of 40 in both but need to get 40 or over in both to prove satisfactory performance in both projects. At least this is how it worked in my exams, I couldn't get an 80 in coursework and a 30 in an exam (if both were equally weighted) because then I have technically failed one part (its therefore unsatisfactory).

I don't see why your just aiming for 40% anyway. Are you not at university to learn?