Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cancelling Place At College

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got accepted to go to college last month, but now I'm not too sure whether I really want to go because it's alot more work than this year (which wasn't too bad, tbh) and I'm not too sure I can really cope with having to do more hours and possibly be in another strange nursery and not know anyone there and I've found recently that 2 days at a nursery is far too much for me. (for a while it was cut down to 1)

Is it really worth me not going to college just for this?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Only you can say whether its not worth going to college because of the stuff you mentioned. If you honestly feel like you're not going to be able to cope with it then you're best off not going. However you said it will be 'a lot more work than this year' but then said that the work wasnt that bad this year? So maybe you would be able to cope with it?

What will you be going to do, is it Cache diploma in childcare & education? cos you were doing the one that was equivalent to level 2 NVQ werent you?

if they've offered you the place id be tempted to just take it, and see how things go, you can only try.
    I was doing the course that was eqivalent to level one and will be doing level two.

About the work - aside from the stuff that happened in unit 6 (where I handed all my work in, got told I'd done it wrong then had to do it all again) it's been alright, but I got told that for level two, there are 12 units (7 in level one) and the work is just essays basically.
    Sofie wrote: »
    I was doing the course that was eqivalent to level one and will be doing level two.

About the work - aside from the stuff that happened in unit 6 (where I handed all my work in, got told I'd done it wrong then had to do it all again) it's been alright, but I got told that for level two, there are 12 units (7 in level one) and the work is just essays basically.

I reckon if you were okay with level 1 you should be okay with level 2, its sort of a natural progression, i mean level 1 is basically getting you ready to go onto it...

will you be doing it full time at college? and then placements?

eta: how did you find two days at a nursery too much for you?
    It would be 2 days at college, 2 days at nursery and the other day doing Key Skills.

I found 2 days at nursery was too much for me because I was always (most of the time anyway) put in with a worker I didn't get on with who would always tell me to do stuff I'm not allowed to do and in her group are two children who are really difficult to deal with and she would always expect me to deal with one of them.
    try it and find out. if it does get too much then quit. but at least this way you've given it a shot.
    otter wrote: »
    try it and find out. if it does get too much then quit. but at least this way you've given it a shot.

:yes: Use the summer to sort out the problems that may have hindered you this year. I think you should give it a try.
    If I went there adn decided after the first half term that I didn't like and went back next year, would I have to do all the work again?
    Sofie wrote: »
    If I went there adn decided after the first half term that I didn't like and went back next year, would I have to do all the work again?

Speak to the college before the end of the term. Explain that your not sure about wheather you want to come back next year or have a year off and then do the course. Ask if you can carry the work over if you do drop out. If its an NVQ and the course criteria doesnt change that much between years you might be able to.