Home Anything Goes
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

You never buy them.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is it we have things in our houses/flats/rooms that we never seem to buy but always have ?

For me sellotape, needles, thread, blu-tac, antiseptic to name a few.

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    because they last forever and you don't often need them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and string. I've never bought string but got some :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't remember buying string but I have some too, perhaps there's a string fairy?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wire hangers

    and I buy plastic hangers but just dissapear and all thats left is the damn wire hangers.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    our teaspoons seem to have mulitplied every time i open the cutlery drawer :confused:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    our teaspoons seem to have mulitplied every time i open the cutlery drawer :confused:
    When you bought them, did you maybe forget to make sure they were all of the same sex?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you bought them, did you maybe forget to make sure they were all of the same sex?

    :lol:
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 Incredible Poster
    Salt!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We buy salt all the time (becaue Ed is going to have a heart attack by 31)

    Note pads and post its
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 Incredible Poster
    Damn yanks :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its not all of us (I think/hope?):p (he puts salt on pizza and tacos... and everything, literally :sour: )

    I'll add scissors to the list.
  • BunnieBunnie TheSite's sweetie pie Posts: 6,099
    my_name wrote: »
    wire hangers

    and I buy plastic hangers but just dissapear and all thats left is the damn wire hangers.

    :yes: Thats the same here!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote: »
    We buy salt all the time (becaue Ed is going to have a heart attack by 31)

    Salt is good on everything, and 31 is a pretty good innings.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    our teaspoons seem to have mulitplied every time i open the cutlery drawer :confused:

    mine dissapear, I had 8 matching ones and a ffew randoms in sept '05, now I have none. the big ones have started to die of the same random fate too, though it isn't really random, I think they go missing from lunchboxes.
  • BunnieBunnie TheSite's sweetie pie Posts: 6,099
    katralla wrote: »
    mine dissapear, I had 8 matching ones and a ffew randoms in sept '05, now I have none. the big ones have started to die of the same random fate too, though it isn't really random, I think they go missing from lunchboxes.

    Or they go in the bin....I often find myself leaning over the bin ready to chuck it on in there with my yoghurt pot.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote: »
    wire hangers

    and I buy plastic hangers but just dissapear and all thats left is the damn wire hangers.

    yeah!!! where do wire hangers come from ever? they never give you them in shops...hmmmm
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Or they go in the bin....I often find myself leaning over the bin ready to chuck it on in there with my yoghurt pot.

    I always used to throw mine away. Also, I'd put a spoon & a fork in my bag to use for my dinner and by the end of the week, I've ended up with at least 2 spoons and numerous forks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just done a quick look-around and came up with:

    Blu-tac
    Post its
    Straws
    Safety pins
    Paper clips
    String
    Garden wire
    Calamine lotion
    Super-glue

    Don't have a clue where any of it came from.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pens.

    For the love of god this house is overrun by pens.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Pens.

    For the love of god this house is overrun by pens.

    Ours is as well. For some reason, there always seems to be at least 4 up by my computer as well.:confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Why is it we have things in our houses/flats/rooms that we never seem to buy but always have ?

    For me sellotape, needles, thread, blu-tac, antiseptic to name a few.

    I have the opposite problem. I'm always buying bloody sellotape and blu-tac, yet i NEVER have any when i need it. Ditto scissors.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I buy scissors and they vanish, tea spoons vanish into a mystical black hole (and it's not pack lunch or yoghurt related).

    I always used to think loo roll came into this category at home, that and long life orange juice, but have recently noticed my dad is incapable of going to a supermarket and coming home again with at least 16 loo rolls and 12 cartons of juice.

    AFAIK metal hangers come from dry cleaners, but I don't know when the last time anyone at home got anything dry cleaned was.
Sign In or Register to comment.