Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How many inches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
should your bust, waist + hips be?
for a female.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They shouldn't be anything in particular.

Every woman's body is different.
    Hmmmm, just did that waist to hip ratio thing in that link, and unless I did it wrong, it gave me a ratio that means I'm overweight... I'm a size 8 :confused: And like everyone else said, its different for every woman, some people have different proportions than others
    Hmmmm, just did that waist to hip ratio thing in that link, and unless I did it wrong, it gave me a ratio that means I'm overweight... I'm a size 8 :confused:

It's a ratio, it's about a healthy proportion of waist to hips, not a healthy size.

It's healthier to carry weight around your hips than around your waist, so if your waist is big in comparison to your hips, it's probable that you're carrying fat in an unhealthy place.

So, for example, if you have 34" hips, the ideal waist size is around 24". If you have 34" hips and a 30" waist, your ratio is a lot less healthy, even though overall you're still pretty thin.
    Isn't this what a "perfect ten" (Beautifu South song!) is all about? That the difference between bust to waist is 10 inches, then 10 inches again between waist and hips?

i.e. 34-24-34 or 36-26-36 or 38-28-38 etc

Sorry if I'm really wrong!
    Isn't this what a "perfect ten" (Beautifu South song!) is all about? That the difference between bust to waist is 10 inches, then 10 inches again between waist and hips?

i.e. 34-24-34 or 36-26-36 or 38-28-38 etc

Sorry if I'm really wrong!

I think you're right about the inches difference, it's about having the ideal hourglass type shape.

But the Beautiful South song is about being a size 10, which, before all this size 0 madness, was considered the ideal size. She's a perfect ten, but she wears a 12 etc.
    smellycat wrote: »
    should your bust, waist + hips be?
    for a female.

Scientist reckon a 0.7 difference between hips and waist is what Males find most attractive.
    34-28-38.
    Your Waist to Hip Ratio is 0.73 and appears to be within a healthy range.
    1983 wrote: »
    34-28-38.

I'm exactly the same.

Although I was slightly unsure about my waist, because the smallest part of my waist is not at my belly button..its above it.

I'd be 34-27-38 if I measured the smallest part.
    Waist: 26
    Hips: 37.5

Ratio = 0.69
    I wanna measure myself now, lol. My tape measure is at home though! :(
    I dont' know how other women are, but my extra large hip bones go a good inch above my belly button so my waist is real high and low rise jeans are the devil. I'd have no idea where to measure. Where your waist should be, or where mine actually is :p
    Isn't it just the smallest part of your body.

I'm farrrr to scared to measure myself but I recon i'm probably about 36-30-40 err maybe I dunno i'm a 30-32 waist in jeans but that means nothing as i can only wear low rise ones.
    Ah, thanks. Unless I measured the wrong part of the chest, I've found why I'm funny looking. 33 33 38. The only curve I have is a hip, how ackward :p I might be part man. Oh and an .86 ratio. Darn you giant cookie.

I'd say if you wear a 30/31 pants then I doubt you'd be a 40 ;) Especially if they are low rise, resting on the hips. You probably have a nice slender curvy hip area and are just shy ;):flirt:
    uurrggh no they are really horrible and fat - its actually quite disgusting to look at and my husband has now stopped telling me that i'm not fat and its all in my mind becuase there is no getting away from the fact that my stomach is well just really disturbing.

However i have massively wide hips as well which doesn't help much.
    my_name wrote: »
    I dont' know how other women are, but my extra large hip bones go a good inch above my belly button

wtf? are you sure? photo evidence required!
    LOL, I''m 36-29-36.
    oh well. ahaha.
    I'm so measuring myself when I get home tomorrow, haha! I want to see how ideal my figure is!
    katralla wrote: »
    wtf? are you sure? photo evidence required!

Oh yes, and add to that, once you get past the hips going down, then it goes in, then the fat thighs stick out and I look like a weird wave :p

See, heres the top of the hips
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/06-30-07_1546.jpg

And this is the horror a fitted shirt brings, and if I lose weight, the waist goes in and it just gets more pronounced and :yuck: :p
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/06-30-07_1735.jpg

It can't be that odd *hopes*:p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote: »
    Off topic, but is your left hand alright? It looks like all fingers are missing...
    EDIT: Never mind, I just realised what the angle is. :p
    Tragedy of war :yes:
    Off topic, but is your left hand alright? It looks like all fingers are missing...
    EDIT: Never mind, I just realised what the angle is. :p

ha ha, make a girl paranoid!
    in my vogue sewing book, there are aproximate bust waist and hip measurements, but its a book thats at least from the 70's if not 60's

being a 34,28,39, i can see how i could be a hourglass shape....still need to be down the gym a bit more...
    Ok. 32-28-34 and I'm more likely to have heart disease :S The thing is about things like this, they don't take into account other factors. Like my hips are 34" because its bone, not fat. So you can look at those, but to get a real measurement you'd have to look at body fat and things like that.
    I wish i had a tape measure now, although it will probably tell me something horrible, like bmi that likes to tell me i'm obese when i'm clearly not!
    Ok. 32-28-34 and I'm more likely to have heart disease :S The thing is about things like this, they don't take into account other factors. Like my hips are 34" because its bone, not fat. So you can look at those, but to get a real measurement you'd have to look at body fat and things like that.

It's not your hips they're worried about though- it's your waist.
    Yeah I suppose. I should get into shape more. What is the average waist size then?
    it's not about the size either really it's the weight distribution. I don't know what you're supposed to do about it, but they're saying you carry more weight around your middle than your hips, and that's supposed to be unhealthy. Maybe you need more exercise, maybe a better diet, maybe a bit of both. Maybe you just need a great big poo though...
    Lmao. I'd like to think it was the poo thing. I guess wouldn't think I was unhealthy, you presume that size 10 is *shrugs* I dunno.
    Aha.
    My diet is crap + I don't exercise at all.

I'm not really worried about the size of my waist, I thought it was far bigger than it as before I measured, so yeah, pretty pleased.
    I could stand to lose a few inches through exercise though.