Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have got to move on...???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been with my boyfriend for nearly a year, its been great, however the 'spark' has vanished. It feels as if i don't feel there is anything there, we don't have a lot in common, the things i want to do, he hates and vice versa. Recently I started chatting to someone i knew and there was chemistry there, felt the 'butterflies' and in my head wished I could do something about it. Do you think i should just move on, forget about him and try to concentrate on my current relationship? or is this a sign that I dont want to be with my boyfriend? My head is in a mess and I need some advice!!!!please!!

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like it's come to an end on your part, but maybe you could have a talk with him and try working through your differences? Depends if you really think thats worth it. At the end of the day if your heart is no longer in it then walk away as it will be crap for both of you otherwise.
  • Options
    it sounds like its over with you and your bf unfortunately.
  • Options
    it does sound like the relationship with you and your bf is over
    however
    it's still possible to make a relationship work even after the spark has gone..

but if you really like this new guy better then go for him. as long as you don't think you'll regret it..
  • Options
    my only advice is not to rush straight into things with this new guy it will probably all end in tears.

sounds like you and your boyfriend have run your course and are going no further but at the same time after being together for a year you need to get over his absence before filling the gap with someone new.

think of it like a puzzle, at the moment you and your b/f are connected like 2 little jigsaw pieces. take his piece out and your piece will still be shaped to fit him and it wont work trying to squeeze another bit in there, you need time to readjust your subconcious ideas of what fits you, even if you really like this guy you will at some level expect the same actions/ words that your current b/f uses, when you dont get them it will leave you feeling like something is missing and could ruin a promising relationship