Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

**spoilers ahead*** Dr. Who's episode tonight

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I agree. He is not evil enough for the Master. John Simms was completely wrong. David Jacobi would've been much better, I think. I hope that next weeks episode saves it because it would be a shame to end such a fantastic series with this finale. John Barrowman and Captain Jack *does* make it all ok though :heart:

I am intrigued to see how it will all end next week :chin:

Good to see them rule out his Torchwood mates.... would have been less exciting if Jacks mates came to help. I quite like this Master in a way, though for some reason the way he talks and acts reminds me of simon pegg.
    lipsy wrote: »
    Its kinda funny to see this thread when all the work I'm doing at the moment is for Doctor Who

what work do you do?
    Thought it was a great episode myself, can't wait for the conclusion
    I think Simm hits it right on the head, to be honest, as The Master isn't the same as when Roger Delgado played in him with cool, calculated insanity. A good episode, and I'm looking forward to the last one (though I might have to catch the repeat either on Sunday or Friday).

Still isn't worth the TV Tax though...
    Is anyone having a sense of deja vu from last series...

Doctor stuck in secret base (Torchwood last, UNIT this), aliens first thought to be friendly then turn out not to be (and they arrive from the sky) and companion's family in peril...
    Yeah, he has gone back to the Well on that one... But still, you can only write a finale so many ways!

Next series will probably consist of the Master teaming up with the Last Dalek to build an army of cybermen soldiers to conquer Earth... again.

Why is it always Earth... i mean, why not... ANY other planet, the old Doctors always went to populated alien worlds... even if they all did look like gravel pit ;)
    Beyond the flashy FX, I actually think Davies is a bit of an unimaginitive writer. The same stories keep coming up time and time again, its a bit repetitive. The shining light in this series has been Blink.

I'm sick of the Daleks, and I'm sick of the Cybermen. Time for a new baddie!
    Bullseye wrote: »
    what work do you do?

Marketing
    Against all expectations it turned out into a good ending...

I still don't think Simms was a good Master, but he wasn't bad once as a baddie once I stopped thinking of him as the Master.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Against all expectations it turned out into a good ending...

I still don't think Simms was a good Master, but he wasn't bad once as a baddie once I stopped thinking of him as the Master.
    I agree. They saved the ending and I really enjoyed it. It would've been quite disappointing if they ended such a fantastic series with a poor episode. I wouldn't have been impressed.

John Simm was more 'baddie-like' in this episode. I was happier with him. But I still think of him as a 70s cop :lol: And I loved the CGI, particularly the very old doctor. Really enjoyed it :)
    Meh, i wasnt overly impressed, all this "save the word with words" isn't really Dr Who to me, i mean, Pertwee and Baker used Karate and science to save the day, that was more Dr Who to me.

Over all good, shame his assistant had to go, i liked Martha so much more then Rose.

Now he is on the Titanic eh... wasnt Chris Ecclestone on the Titanic as the Doctor at some point in an old photograph in season 1?
    Meh, i wasnt overly impressed, all this "save the word with words" isn't really Dr Who to me, i mean, Pertwee and Baker used Karate and science to save the day, that was more Dr Who to me.

:yes:

I thought it was a bit naff really. Like Kermit said, Blink was the best episode this year.
    :yes:

I thought it was a bit naff really. Like Kermit said, Blink was the best episode this year.

I agree completely. Blink had me hiding behind a cushion on the edge of my seat :blush:
    Over all good, shame his assistant had to go, i liked Martha so much more then Rose.

She's not left the series, she'll be back. She's left her phone. Don't know if she'll be in the Christmas episode but she's going to be back for the new series.

And yes, Martha is so much better than Rose. Martha actually has a personality. Rose was a bit wet.
    But will he meet his past incarnation on board the Titanic or will they just gloss that over and do a purely Tennent story on board ship?

I thought the endong was okay but it could have been better. Was a bit of a let down episode after some of the amazing ones this series.

The twist they hinted at with Jack was quite interesting (Hes the face of Bo)
    The twist they hinted at with Jack was quite interesting (Hes the face of Bo)

Yeah, I love that! It was quite neat how it all happened. And that's why he knew the Doctor was not alone early on.

I loved the face of bo. He won't be back though, will he :(
    Yeah, I love that! It was quite neat how it all happened. And that's why he knew the Doctor was not alone early on.

I loved the face of bo. He won't be back though, will he :(

I doubt it, it was in the script that the doctor only meets him in that form three times.
    He might pop up in Torchwood at some point, travel in time to tell Jack what he will look like in the future, probably scare him shitless!
    crazy shit, jacks teh face of bo, lol pimpin
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6260374.stm

She's only leaving for a few episodes. Have to say I thought she's grown on me - at first she seemed a slightly brainer, but otherwise sub-standard Rose.

That said if they're adding a new companion its a chance to think outside the box and not go for a modern, twenty-something women.

The Doctor travels in time and space, surely there's a bit more variety in who he could pick.
    Is it true that they only decided to bring back another season last week or something? Is it not a very popular show? I thought the face of bo thing was neat. I liked Captian jack, hitting on everybody and everything. He was fun, I wish he would stay longer.
    Nah, it's a huge show in the UK - the final episode was the 7th most watched show that week (only beaten by the endless soaps). It's definately comissioned for another season with Tennant, but is expected to keep running for plenty more years - especially given the massive investment by the BBC in the studios where it's filmed in Cardiff.

If you liked Jack try Torchwood, which was set between season 2 and 3 - basically Doctor Who with Jack instead of the Doctor and lots of shagging, swearing and Welsh people.

As to the episode - loved it, especially how lighthearted the Bo revelation was and the great musical number at the start.
    Oh fun, thanks, I'll check that one out :DAh fucking bbc webpage, won't let me watch any videos cuz I'm outside the UK :grump:
    I did hear a rumour the production team were leaving (it may have actually been on The Site).

that said even if they did leave I'd be suprised if the BBC just didn't replace them. The series ran originally from 1963 -1990 it went through a fair few producers and script editors in that time.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6267680.stm

Catherine Tate is going to be the "new" companion for series 4. :crazyeyes
    Renzo wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6267680.stm

Catherine Tate is going to be the "new" companion for series 4. :crazyeyes

No. :crying: I really cant stand her. One of the reasons I didnt like the Xmas special much was because of her awful acting. Why cant the introduce a new charcter or nick someone from Torchwood?
    I liked her for that episode. However, if I like her for 13 episodes, I will have to see. Dunno if I could stand Donna's screeching for 13 episodes :/

Looking forward to seeing Martha in Torchwood, though.
    Jim V wrote: »
    Nah, it's a huge show in the UK - the final episode was the 7th most watched show that week (only beaten by the endless soaps). It's definately comissioned for another season with Tennant, but is expected to keep running for plenty more years - especially given the massive investment by the BBC in the studios where it's filmed in Cardiff.

If you liked Jack try Torchwood, which was set between season 2 and 3 - basically Doctor Who with Jack instead of the Doctor and lots of shagging, swearing and Welsh people.

As to the episode - loved it, especially how lighthearted the Bo revelation was and the great musical number at the start.

The musical number was fantastic! Best part of the show :D