Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cosmetic Surgery

If you were really unhappy about a certain thing about yourself, would you go under the knife and pay to fix it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No... I've often thought about having the tip of my nose re-shaped, but it's my nose and it's unique, so I wouldn't really have it 'done'. I have been asked though if I've had a nose job... but no, I wouldn't do it personally, even if I had the money. I'd rather spend money on a personal trainer!
    No, I'd probably make an appointment to see my former therapist instead.

There are things about my body that I sometimes feel low about, but that's normally at a point when I'm feeling low generally. Anything I've wanted to change and been able to change, I've done so through eating better or exercising. Things I can't change (like my nose, breasts) I just tend to forget about, and as previously mentioned only feel a bit down about when I'm blue.
    Only if I'd been in some sort of serious accident which left me seriously disfigured, but wouldn't have it just because I felt unhappy with myself.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Not unless that something was the result of something that went wrong, like Sofie said.
    If you're unhappy with your natural body you need a therapist, not a surgeon.
    I'd rather learn to love the things I hated than go through surgury.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    No.
    It's hard to say. Right now I'd say I probably wouldn't, but I wouldn't turn down a nose job or some chin work, and when I'm old if I'm rich I'd probably go for a tit lift. But I'm not unhappy about anything, at the moment, its just something, if the oppertunity were there, I just may. I really like anestesia. And in a way, I kind of like the healing process of major things. It mixes up a boring dull life.
    i have had some minor cosmetic surgery as it was something which was really affecting my self-esteem, and if there was something else which bothered me as much then yes i would do it again.
    If I had the money then yeah I probably would.
    Most of the time I think an indigant NO, but then I do have a chuckle to myself thinking of what I'd do if the money didn't matter at all. I think I'm mostly indignant about it at the moment because I can't do it, rather than a real feeling that we should just learn to love ourselves. Cummon, we all know that's bollox really. The way we loof really does affect our lives, the way people treat us and the way we view ourselves. So, yes and no. lol. I would always advise someone else to do the whole self-love and appreciation thing, but for myself, I'm not sure if that really truely works. So, in conlusion, I am a big sell out hypocrite :D
    Yes i would get my nose done, when i look at photo's expecially from the side it just looks wrong. This is if someone else is paying for it mind :p
    Also lipo suction on my thighs because no amount of good eating our gyming and swimming makes any difference to them :(
    but lypo is supposed to be REALLY painful :(
    yes and i did and i don't regret any of it
    go on, photo?
    If I had the money then I would.
    Amira wrote: »

Really? Why more painful than anything else? Do you know how long the pain lasts for?
    i hate my nose so that
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Rachael wrote: »
    i hate my nose so that
    I have to say, I think your nose adds cuteness. Even if I didn't think CS was a bad idea, I'd say the same.
    haha no one has ever said that before, but thanks
    Rachael wrote: »
    i hate my nose so that

I hate mine too. I'm getting it done as soon as I have a permanent job :) Can't wait!
    Really? Why more painful than anything else? Do you know how long the pain lasts for?

I used to watch Dr 90210 and there was one girl who got lypo and they showed her op, turns out the Dr uses a big huge metal rod looking thing to break up all the fat under the skin....then it drains out.

Then when the girl woke up, first thing she did was ask for food to take the painkillers and then the DR said to her, "if you feel like you've just been beaten up....then i've done my job properly".

That put me off it.
    Amira wrote: »

It would depend on how painfull painfull is!

I've seen the bruising and stuff after but you get that with anything, it can't be any worse than a boob job surely?
    Nah, I've learned to be happy with myself. You have to love yourself, otherwise who else will?
    No, I don't think so. I often think that I'd want my boob done, so that they'll be equal (They are terribly un-even) but then I think, well they are mine, and they are unique. And if I changed that then I think I'd miss the old boys :D But I suppose if something happened then maybe, I guess you don't know until you have money.
    Well no-one is perfect but if I was really unhappy with something then yeah I think I would. I sometimes see girls with enormous noses and think I'd have to have a nose job if mine looked like that. And I think if my boobs were any smaller I would want them done.
    How do you know which places are good or not?

I mean, theres the internet but you can't really tell which ones are dodgy or not!

I mean, theres the internet but you can't really tell which ones are dodgy or not!

I'm paying a little more and going through bupa. They have a good reputation

what do you want done stacey?

I don't think I'd have plastic surgery now but in the future if i get really bad wrinkles or something, i wouldnt rule it out. i dont think im gonna be growing old gracefully, haha.

My mum wants her under-eye bags done or whatever it is and shes having it done at a private hospital, but she had to go to her normal GP first to get a referral to make sure she was okay to have it done and everything.
    You can have surgery, with all the risks, and have something "fixed". But isn't the real problem one of self esteem?

i found the best way is to ask around....i knew a lot of people who had similar things done as what i wanted and they all said the same two people. And this place is FULL of plastic surgeons