Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Staying in bayswater

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm looking to have a weekend away in London August bank holiday, but every where I look is either booked up or expensive.

I've found a couple of hostels in baywater that do private ensuite single rooms for £45 ish a night (I really dont want to be in a dorm), but does anyone know what the area is like? When I was in Europe a few people I met in had stayed in the area there and seemed to like it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Bayswater is lovely.

Also you can walk down the street and hear about 30 languages spoken in about ten minutes.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bayswater was lovely when I stayed there last year.
  • Options
    Agreed, it's a nice area :)
  • Options
    Bayswater is a nice area. If its good enough for Tony Blair ;)

I got a decent room in Bayswater for about £45 before, just beware if your going out in the west end, a taxi back to Bayswater wont give you much change from a £20

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ah yes, Bayswater. A lovely part of West London. You're in the middle of a busy city, but the area isn't too noisy compared with other parts of London. (to find out what I mean, try staying in a hotel near Earl's Court in Chelsea on a Saturday night. The sound of ambulances and police was deafening. I got no sleep and was in a foul mood for a TheSite meet the next day as a result) I stayed in a hotel which was absolutely awful. I will try to recall its name. Once I have it, avoid it like the plague.

I noticed quite a lot of Europeans were staying over in the area. There were also a fair few American students there at the time of my stay. I'm not entirely sure why that was - does anyone know whether there are any universities near Bayswater? I'm sure one of the Londoners on this place would know.
  • Options
    I stayed there a couple of years ago, and I definitly do it again. It's quiet enough to have a peaceful night's sleep, but close enough to sites of interest. I think I stayed at Comfort Inn or something similar to that, and it was all very nice. Have fun.
  • Options
    Thank for the advice guys. I'm just going to book my hostel up now, every traveller I spoke to who had stayed in the area said it was lovely.
  • Options
    Bayswater is a nice enough area. You have Hyde Park within short walking distance to the South and Oxford Street is not that far to the East for shopping.

Be certain to get yourself an Oyster card.
  • Options
    Be certain to get yourself an Oyster card.

Got one when TFL did the giveaway a couple of months back. I'm up in London loads in particular week in August, so might need to put a fair bit on it.