Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sound systems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been drooling at these for quite some time now. but then i look at these and can't really see what i'd be paying so much more for.

The only thing i can see is that the more expensive speakers have optical in, which would be handy since both my laptop and 360 sport optical jacks.
I'm no audiophile so I dont think high quality sound matters that much to me, but would i be better having optical, for 'true' surround sound or will phono leads suffice? i.e can phono leads transmit proper surround sound?

Cheers :) Also any recommendations of other systems would be nice :)

Comments

• Options
    You can get the surround sound from the phone jacks so long as your sound card is compatible with the number of inputs and outputs. Optical makes it easier.
  • Options
    well one has a dolby decoder and one doesn't - depends on where you want to connect it to.

I'm sure optical only means you have one wire rather then loads of phono wires going to the PC - doubt you'd hear any sound difference

There are systems now with a USB sound card built into the speakers, so you connect it via a USB lead rather then optical or phono's
  • Options
    I take it surround sound is what you want??