Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Migraine with Aura

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Before I start panicking and running off down to Moorfields Eye hospital sobbing that i'm going blind (which is what I considered about 5 mins ago), I thought I'd check on here and see what everyone else might think.

Right this second, I'm looking at the screen and I can only see about half of it. As I can feel a headache coming on, I was thinking that it could migraine with an aura. I got the aura about 20 mins ago where everything that i'm not looking directy at goes into a blindspot.

Does that sound about right?

Comments

• Options
    Do you get migraines with auras? Or migraines? If you don't then you should get it checked out.
  • Options
    Yup, that sounds about right - my peripheral vision goes when i'm about to get a migrane. Take some migraleve, go to bed in a dark room, try to wait it out.

As an aside, you shouldn't be on any combined form of hormonal contraception if you get aura migranes - they increase your risk of stroke dramatically.