Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Food for colds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a really nice dinner last night of seared tuna with garlic, ginger and sweet chilli sauce. But i couldn't taste it cos i've got a stinking summer cold (which make me angry, it's the SUMMER dammit!)

Any suggestions of food that i can make at home which might kickstart my tastebuds tonight? Bonus points if it's easily made for one, as Himself is off gallivanting to Cardiff today and i suspect won't be back till very late.

Comments

• Options
    chicken soup? its good for colds as well.
  • Options
    The curry I had from the canteen at lunch tasted fine and I've got a stinking cold too.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    6 pints of Stella and a chicken tikka vindaloo always sorts me out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    6 pints of Stella and a chicken tikka vindaloo always sorts me out.

I think i might pass on the stella, but a hot curry is looking rather appealing at present... maybe a nice prawn puri followed by a madras :chin:
  • Options
    I got a stinking cold the day before I went on holiday. Managed to stave it off with whole cartons of fresh orange juice and the hottest curry I could manage. Plus lots of medicine. But yes, curry.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I think i might pass on the stella, but a hot curry is looking rather appealing at present... maybe a nice prawn puri followed by a madras :chin:

The spices in curry are really good for you.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i find a hottish curry gets the fluids going...
  • Options
    chili and chicken soup - you want it very hot and very spicey

I've not had an illness that's defeated this soup.
  • Options
    I had a curry :) It was good. I intend to finish the rest off this evening :D And it appears that my cold is on its way out...
  • Options
    It's not food as such.... but menthol airwaves are AMAZING at curing blocked noses AND sore throats. But yeah, curry is wicked at blowing out a cold. Alcohol makes you feel better in the short term but as soon as you sober up it tends to come back worse :(
  • Options
    I had a curry :) It was good. I intend to finish the rest off this evening :D And it appears that my cold is on its way out...

Good stuff, think I'll follow your curry lead tonight after the pub...