Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit dead

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Police have confirmed the death of Benoit, his wife and 7 year old son as their home. Details are sketchy at the moment but it's believe Benoit killed them both then took his own life.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/articles/benoitupdate
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    harsh.
    I was really shocked about this.
    That's pretty fucked up right there.
    That just aint right.
    Fuck me.
    Fucking hell. Actually met him in Chicago about 5 years ago (ran a big wrestling website in my geeky hayday). Legend. This is fucked up.
    well that sucks:crazyeyes
    WTF? He killed them and himself? I mean... i knew a lot of wrestlers had serious problems from all the substance abuse they undertake, but... thats crazy! It's so fucked up... i'm in shock!
    Fuck, thats awful. They is a worryingly long list of wrestlers who take their own lives or die very young.
    I wonder what made him do it. I think he snapped while on steroids after his wife told him she wanted a divorce or something like that.
    Has it been confirmed by the way that it was him who did the killing? I know, it is most likely it was him, as ALOT of wrestlers seem to go into suicide mode after so many years of substance abuse or generally into self-destruction mode.
    they think it was him, they say benoit killed his wife by choking her and killed his son by smothering him with a pillow.

It'd be sad if it really was him that did it.
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Shocking! he must of had some mental issues
    More likely substance abuse drove damaged him mentally, rather then any condition he already happen to have. So many wrestlers have committed suicide that is usually attributed to substance abuse (performance enhancing drugs as well as recreational narcotics).
    Bullseye wrote: »
    More likely substance abuse drove damaged him mentally, rather then any condition he already happen to have. So many wrestlers have committed suicide that is usually attributed to substance abuse (performance enhancing drugs as well as recreational narcotics).

I fail to see how performance enhancing drugs drove him to kill. To me he was just unstable mentally anyway without the drugs
    What? Benoit was noted as being a pretty typical every day guy. Course he might have managed to hide mental problems all his life until this one moment, i suppose.

But The police investigating this have found Steriods at his home and are saying, it seems this was yet another case of "Roid rage" which is what it is called when some one is psychologically affected by steroid use... it is something of a known side effect to using them.

And it has to be said, there have been many many suicides by wrestlers as well as many who have died due to the effects of persistant use of drugs. Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, those 3 brothers who all committed suicide. This is just the first instance to also include murder.

Pro-Wrestling needs to take a serious look at itself and needs to take action in stamping out Steroid use.
    Yeah shocking. I used to watch wrestling when i was a kid. When i seen this in the paper i was reall shocked to see how many of them have dies pretty recently from either drug abuse or suicide.

Really sad.
    What? Benoit was noted as being a pretty typical every day guy. Course he might have managed to hide mental problems all his life until this one moment, i suppose.

But The police investigating this have found Steriods at his home and are saying, it seems this was yet another case of "Roid rage" which is what it is called when some one is psychologically affected by steroid use... it is something of a known side effect to using them.

And it has to be said, there have been many many suicides by wrestlers as well as many who have died due to the effects of persistant use of drugs. Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, those 3 brothers who all committed suicide. This is just the first instance to also include murder.

Pro-Wrestling needs to take a serious look at itself and needs to take action in stamping out Steroid use.

"Roid Rage" they still can't fully back up this side effect. Anyhoo's supposing it is apparent, you are still fully aware of you actions, if anything its a quick snap, IMHO not an excuse for killing your family. I think it goes down much deeper than steroids use. Oh and police are bound to blame it on the steroids same as the media etc.......

Majority of steroid users I know feel more relaxed on cycle, feeling good etc....... Personally I have never experienced "Roid Rage" and I don't think I will. Basically all i'm saying is snapping at someone is one thing, but killing your family is something that lies much deeper than blaming it on the hormones.

Edit: The only thing I can think of is there could be psychological issues for staying on hormones for prolonged periods. But then again there are plenty of people that do that, not just wrestlers
    they think it was him, they say benoit killed his wife by choking her

Did he give her the crippler crossface then?
    Did he give her the crippler crossface then?

:lol:
    Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, those 3 brothers who all committed suicide.

The Von Erichs. theres a tragic family if ever there was one.
    Yeah, that was the name, i couldnt remember it.

Saying the police and media are bound to go off blaming something just because they can do and ignoring the fact it is more likely to be that which is causing it is silly.

It is far more likely any mental condition that was brought on suddenly was induced by something, then him having hidden mental problems for all these years and not showing them until this one act.

It is a tragedy, but steroid use is wrong in all athletic business and sports, whether they be real or play acted like Pro-Wrestling.
    Yeah, that was the name, i couldnt remember it.

Saying the police and media are bound to go off blaming something just because they can do and ignoring the fact it is more likely to be that which is causing it is silly.

Considering America claims there is a "crisis" with steroid use, everyone is too quick to blame then, when there are no studies that link steroids to these effects. Infact studies show Steroid use is safe when practiced safe in healthy adult males.

My point is that alot of wrestlers can use them irresponsibly by staying on for prolonged periods which could possibly lead to some severe effects, not to mention plenty of other factors
    Hear the latest? Apparently someone updated Chris Benoit's Wikipedia entry with news of the death, 14 hours before the police had discovered the bodies.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html
    noog wrote: »
    Hear the latest? Apparently someone updated Chris Benoit's Wikipedia entry with news of the death, 14 hours before the police had discovered the bodies.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

The fact that the computer used to make the statement on wikipedia was traced to Stamford Conn. the home of WWE, just makes this all the more fishy. :chin:

Be interesting to follow this tragic story.
    Not really suspicious - just the same city.

Apparently it was just some troll who goes around "hilariously" editing many wrestling pages on Wiki to outrageous things, which I think you could find if you knew how (I don't know enough about Wikipedia to do it) and just happens to have got it right this time. Sounds like shoddy journalism.
    Not really suspicious - just the same city.

Apparently it was just some troll who goes around "hilariously" editing many wrestling pages on Wiki to outrageous things, which I think you could find if you knew how (I don't know enough about Wikipedia to do it) and just happens to have got it right this time. Sounds like shoddy journalism.

Are you saying someone made it up, then hours later it came true?

Too much of a coincidence for me, the whole story smells fishy now
    smitherz wrote: »

I agree.
    smitherz wrote: »

Yeh, Sounds like a really poor attempt at covering something up - the americans never have been particularly good at cover ups tho have they ;)
    all wrestlers seem to have weird and sudden death. theres quite a few conspiracies going around.