Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yasmin pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been on yasmin pill for nearly two years and i was ok on it up until about two months ago. But now about 5 days before my period i get really bad headaches, my boobs feel really sore, my tummy gets really bloated and im extremely moody and just feel generally horrible in myself, could it be that i need to change my pill?

Comments

• Options
    I was on Yasmin for a few years and used to get symptoms like you described. I didn't get them every month and so it took me a logn time to realise that pmt like that wasn't normal.

I spoke to my doctor about it and she said it sounded like the hormonal dosage was too high for me. We discussed a few other different types of pills and we agreed on Loestrin-20. I've been on that for about 5 months now and my period are really light and I don't get any pmt. The first month of changing the pill was awful though, I was so emotional and down! But once I got through that it's been fine :)
  • Options
    I'd definitely say it was time for a pill change. I had the same when I was on microgynon, to the point where I was so moody that no-one would come near me :( I changed to femodette and have been fine since. Just go and have a chat with you GP/ family planning clinic and see what they reccommend :)