Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm visiting EVERY pub & club in England

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hello everyone,

I am on a mission to visit every single Bar Pub and Club in the UK. To get into the guiness book of records I have to visit 48,000 and I've already done 550 in the last year:

http://barblog.lastminuteliving.com

Ok I know i have to really get a move on to get all of them done (have to visit like 4 every day for the rest of my life). Can anyone give me the names of some fantastic bars or Pubs or Clubs in the country I haven't visited yet which are really worth going to on a night out? I'm really fed up of just going to all the old-man pubs :-S

Please leave ur suggestions here or on my blog :thumb:

Thanks

Greg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well it wont really matter will it if you're planning to go to all of them, i mean you'll find out which are the best places anyway..
    Cristal wrote: »
    I am on a mission to visit every single Bar Pub and Club in the UK.

Have fun in Rebellion, Hoist, Back Street etc. Don't forget ya poppers :D
    blimey :P. Let me know when you're in my neck of the woods then & i'll show you a few places you can go
    It's pretty much damn near impossible to visit every single pub and club in the UK. Even if you visited all the visible one's, there's plenty of illegal pubs that aren't advertised and locals don't like telling strangers about. Round my neck of the woods anyway there is.
    Come down to louth in lincolnshire , it may be small but all the pubs are great, samuals, kias , tonics and Legends !!
    Come down to louth in lincolnshire , it may be small but all the pubs are great, samuals, kias , tonics and Legends !!

then you should come to lincoln!

hollie, do you know many people in louth? i have alot of friends from there
    Are you loaded?

The alma de cuba in Liverpool is nice. it's a converted Polish Church.
    So if you had a drink in every one, then i think you would have to be by definition a binge drinker.
    even if you're drinking mineral water?
    have to visit like 4 every day for the rest of my life

Only planning to live another 30 years?
    Well, if you want to have a smoke in every pub in England, you've now got less than 24 hours to complete the challenge!
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Well, if you want to have a smoke in every pub in England, you've now got less than 24 hours to complete the challenge!

What about the venues that have been non smoking for quite a while now anyway?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    MrG wrote: »
    What about the venues that have been non smoking for quite a while now anyway?

these hell holes should not be discussed :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    katchika wrote: »
    Are you loaded?

The alma de cuba in Liverpool is nice. it's a converted Polish Church.

it is actually! very warm in the summer though, thats all I can remember about it.

But if you go in the summer, they may have a little man outside doing a BBQ - so you could have your tea there as well.
    You have to visit the Pitcher & Piano in Lace Market Nottingham. Its the chains flagship bar. Really worth a look. :thumb:
    Seriously what's the point, it's a total waste of money and there's better things you could be doing with your life at your age. And anyway you might not be able to get into half the exclusive Mayfair clubs where you need to be on a guestlist and look the part to get in.
    Jomery wrote: »
    Seriously what's the point, it's a total waste of money and there's better things you could be doing with your life at your age. And anyway you might not be able to get into half the exclusive Mayfair clubs where you need to be on a guestlist and look the part to get in.
    Yeah because getting on the guestlist of "exclusive" clubs is really hard, isn't it? I know a bloke who managed to blag his way into a private afterparty at Cannes ffs. London clubs should be a breeze.

Anyway, am I not the only person that spots the fatal flaw in this plan? pubs and clubs open and close all the time. By the time you've finished, half of the pubs in the place where you've started will have changed, and there'll be a load more.
    Bunnie wrote: »
    these hell holes should not be discussed :p

Indeed!

Come to Stafford anyway. The pubs and clubs around here are so shite, it's easy to get bored of one and move onto another after one drink, and it's fairly easy to complete all of them over 2 nights :D
    Yeah because getting on the guestlist of "exclusive" clubs is really hard, isn't it? I know a bloke who managed to blag his way into a private afterparty at Cannes ffs. London clubs should be a breeze.
    It's hit and miss, every weekend clubs like Amika, Boujis and Movida turn away the MAJORITY of people who come on a guestlist. If you're good-looking and with girls you'll be fine but nothing's guaranteed.
    It's hit and miss, every weekend clubs like Amika, Boujis and Movida turn away the MAJORITY of people who come on a guestlist. If you're good-looking and with girls you'll be fine but nothing's guaranteed.

Well yeah, that's just a case of a lot of people wanting to go and the club not being big enough. My friend had a guestlist at a club in Birmingham, and that wasn't posh. It's not like they have some sort of exclusive requirements to get on the guestlist though, unless it's a particular event.
    Hello everyone,

I am on a mission to visit every single Bar Pub and Club in the UK. To get into the guiness book of records I have to visit 48,000 and I've already done 550 in the last year:

http://barblog.lastminuteliving.com

Ok I know i have to really get a move on to get all of them done (have to visit like 4 every day for the rest of my life). Can anyone give me the names of some fantastic bars or Pubs or Clubs in the country I haven't visited yet which are really worth going to on a night out? I'm really fed up of just going to all the old-man pubs :-S

Please leave ur suggestions here or on my blog :thumb:

Thanks

Greg

Wow, that's gonna be one SERIOUS hangover!!
    Well yeah, that's just a case of a lot of people wanting to go and the club not being big enough. My friend had a guestlist at a club in Birmingham, and that wasn't posh. It's not like they have some sort of exclusive requirements to get on the guestlist though, unless it's a particular event.

Plus those clubs / parties are normally pretty fucking crap. Shite music, full of pretentious wankers and nothing remotely genuine. I managed to get signed into a club in Moscow called Billionaire where, to be a member, you have to prove, by way of bank statements that you have $1m US in your bank account. Yet it was one of the most soulless and boring places I've ever been to. People mince around like they're on a catwalk, music was distinctly average and were it not for the prospect of doughnutting along the garden ring in a BMW later that evening I would have left after 10 minutes. The girls were nice though as Russian girls always are.

Give me a smelly sweaty genuine rock and roll dive anytime.
    Plus those clubs / parties are normally pretty fucking crap. Shite music, full of pretentious wankers and nothing remotely genuine. I managed to get signed into a club in Moscow called Billionaire where, to be a member, you have to prove, by way of bank statements that you have $1m US in your bank account. Yet it was one of the most soulless and boring places I've ever been to. People mince around like they're on a catwalk, music was distinctly average and were it not for the prospect of doughnutting along the garden ring in a BMW later that evening I would have left after 10 minutes. The girls were nice though as Russian girls always are.

Give me a smelly sweaty genuine rock and roll dive anytime.
    Hahaha. Ironic it's called "Billionaire" then..how did you get signed in, had a friend there?

Have been to Moscow a couple of times, the door policy there is something out of this world, if you're in a group of 6 the bouncer can point at each of you "Yes, yes, no, yes, no yes", very Borat style: "You..not so much" :D
    Hahaha. Ironic it's called "Billionaire" then..how did you get signed in, had a friend there?

Have been to Moscow a couple of times, the door policy there is something out of this world, if you're in a group of 6 the bouncer can point at each of you "Yes, yes, no, yes, no yes", very Borat style: "You..not so much" :D

Yeah met one of the novi-russkiis (New Russians) whose dad had just bought him a brand new Beamer (which he didn't actually want) and he was going there and signed me in. God it was so boring. Guess the name Millionaire wouldn't have sounded good enough.

Russian door policy, or Face Control (Феис Контроль) as it's known is fantastically discriminatory and at times, downright fascist. Depends where you are but I've only ever had problems once when I was in a big group. Guess that's cos I'm so dashing and devilishly good-looking. Moscow nightlife is the best in the whole world bar none.
    Anyway, am I not the only person that spots the fatal flaw in this plan?

That was your flaw?

How about living in one part of the country with all the pubs everywhere else...? Sure you can make trips but it's a fucking big gap between John O'Groats and Lands End...
    That was your flaw?

How about living in one part of the country with all the pubs everywhere else...? Sure you can make trips but it's a fucking big gap between John O'Groats and Lands End...

Well I figured it was like a tour.
    You'd still have to spend a week a time in each town. For 30 years...
    Come straight to St Albans, near me. It has the most pubs per square mile in the UK, so it would set you up nicely
    Come to Winchester - home of some of the best pubs I've ever been to. The landlord of probably our most famous pub got his obituary in the Telegraph a few years ago. A grand night out is always guaranteed in Winchester.
    Come to Brighton!
    The Honey Club, the Walkabout, Funky Buddah Lounge, Concorde 2 (for a D'n'B rave called Devotion that happens every month). The PavTav is a pretty sweet bar too.

Otherwise hit London, too many places to name but Fabric and SeOne are two of my favourite clubs in London.