Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need Advice Please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying: I need help please, I broke up with my b/f on friday because it wasnt really working out, im just after discovering im pregnant today though.

I really dont no what to do it was quite a messy break up and he told me he hated me and now i dont no how to tell him or if i even should.. Has anyone got advice.

Comments

• Options
    Well firstly, yes tell him. He has a right to know. Is there anyone else you can talk to like a close relative or friend?
  • Options
    Well does this change anything for you in regards to wanting him back? or do you still not want to be with him?

Yeah tell him sooner rather then later as otherwise he might think it's someone else's and your just trying to trap him.

There isn't a chance it could be someone else's is there?
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    Well does this change anything for you in regards to wanting him back? or do you still not want to be with him?

Yeah tell him sooner rather then later as otherwise he might think it's someone else's and your just trying to trap him.

There isn't a chance it could be someone else's is there?

I still love him, but we havent really been getting on for past few weeks and he's decided to go to america for a year in sept so i just thought it would be easier to finish things now rather than drag things out.

And now im afraid he is gona think im tryna trap him if i tell him now, and no there's no chance it could be anyone else's i've never even kissed anyone else since we got together nearly 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Tell him, but just remember your broke up for a good reason, it wasn't working so don't think that a baby will bring you back together or make it all ok again because it won't and in the long term won't last which won't be good for the child, if you decide to keep it that is.
  • Options
    Im too scared to tell him at the moment, he's going to hate me and think im tryna ruin his life, he's told me before he doesnt want kids for at least another 5-10 years. And im afraid if i tell him he's gona try pressure me into having an abortion and im not sure if i can face that.
  • Options
    angelgirl wrote: »
    Im too scared to tell him at the moment, he's going to hate me and think im tryna ruin his life, he's told me before he doesnt want kids for at least another 5-10 years. And im afraid if i tell him he's gona try pressure me into having an abortion and im not sure if i can face that.

Well all you can do is contact him and tell him you need a word with him and that it's very important.
    Sit him down and tell him straight, explain that you don't want him to be angry as you are both to blame for what happened and that you need some time to think about what to do.
    He can't pressure you to do anything so don't let him, is there anyone you can talk to because no doubt you will need some support through what may be a hard time.
  • Options
    No cant really talk to anyone cos my best friends are on holidays, and all my other friends are also his friends, so dont want someone else to tell him before i do..

Another problem is we actually live together and he's moved into the spare room and we've barely talked to each other all weekend..

i just feel so stupid for getting myself into this situation
  • Options
    You're going to have to say something, he has every right to know and it'll probably be easier to tell him now rather than later because no doubt he will ask you how long you have known for and if you say a while he's more likely to get angry.
    Plus the sooner it's out in the open the sooner you can start to figure out what you are going to do and find out how he feels about the situation.
    It's not going to be easy but it has to be done *hugs*
  • Options
    I have been in this postion before and was pressured into having a abortion by someone i loved but he never felt the same about me and didnt have time in his life for me. He only thought about his feels and never considered mine. Do whats right for you sweet as i know after and even now i look back and wish that i had never listened and let him control me x
  • Options
    Im gona try to tell him tomorrow, im just so scared in case he blames me and doesnt want to know..
  • Options
    well it takes two and you remind him of that, you do what you want
  • Options
    Just remember that it took the both of you to result in this so you aren't to blame at all. Don't let him make you feel like that.

If you want to keep the baby then do, if he doesn't want to be involved then that is his loss and like holliepop said do what you feel is best because it's a big decision to make which you don't want to end up regretting.

Good Luck with tomorrow and stay strong, it has to be done and you will feel better for having it out in the open.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.. Im gona ask him to come home early tomorrow so we can sit down and talk properly..

He's probably still gona blame me even though i was on the pill and took them all properly so really dont know wht happened..

But like you said Squeal it has to be done so il just deal with all that at the time and hopefully it goes ok..
  • Options
    It will do, if he has any respect for you he'll listen to what you have to say and be mature about where to go from there. If he doesn't then obviously his true colours will show and your going to have to make a big decision on your own. Do you have any idea about what you may do?
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    It will do, if he has any respect for you he'll listen to what you have to say and be mature about where to go from there. If he doesn't then obviously his true colours will show and your going to have to make a big decision on your own. Do you have any idea about what you may do?

I dont really know what il do, Half of me is thinking id wana keep the baby because i can never really see myself having an abortion, and although i know i can do it alone im just a bit scared because i dont really get along with my family so il be completely alone if he decides he doesnt want to be a part of it.
  • Options
    well good luck sweet anyway, if you want anyone to talk to after were here x it is hard but you need to think of your self and your life and make you choice from there x neither wil be easy x
  • Options
    bless you

Dont let any1 push you into doing anything, i would b in the same situation if i was in your shoes.

If he does decide that he does not want anything to do with you then your better off with out him. I know thats easier said then done, what im trying to say is think things through, think what you want in life, take a good look at you life and try and picture your future.

If you do need to talk i will b here. xx:)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I dont really know what il do, Half of me is thinking id wana keep the baby because i can never really see myself having an abortion, and although i know i can do it alone im just a bit scared because i dont really get along with my family so il be completely alone if he decides he doesnt want to be a part of it.

Hey angelgirl,
    I'm really sorry to hear about your dilemma - especially as you worry about being alone should you keep the baby. The good thing is you don't have to face this whole situation by yourself, there are people who can help. The following factsheets on TheSite have lots of relevant info: pregnant what now

Young mums

Parenting alone

Birth Father's rights

You might also find it helps to ring the fpa helpline for confidential information and advice on Tel: 0845 3101334

Again, if you don't feel able to talk to someone you know you can call SupportLine, in confidence on 020 8554 9004. SupportLine provides emotional support to any person on any issue.

Take care ;)
  • Options
    I told him about an hour ago. He just asked if i was sure and then just said
    he couldnt believe this is happening'' then said he needed to go out and think and we'd talk later, which is kinda fair enough as he's probably in complete shock and i've had since yesterday to get over get over the initial shock..

Really dont no what to expect from him cos he looked like he was gona cry or something when i told, but im sure we'l talk later so il let ya's know how it goes.. and thanks everyone for ll your advice.
  • Options
    Well done for telling him, it's good that he's gone off to have a think about it, at least he didn't flip out. Hope you're alright and that it gets sorted soon x x
  • Options
    It was the best thing to tell him. He probley did have a cry. I no if it was my partner he would to, its a big shock men get scared of growin up lol!!!
    i hope everything works out for you, and he comes to his sences. xx
  • Options
    He came back really late and bit drunk last night and we talked a little bit, he told me that he really loves me, but doesnt think he's ready for a baby..

I just told him that its ok if he's not ready but i wasnt going to be pressured into making any decisions at the moment and i need time to think of what im gona do, He wasnt really that happy and told me he'd prefer if i got an abortion with him there to help me through it..

Dont really know what im gona do now, to be honest i thought he'd say it was ok and he'd be there for me whatever i chose to do, but i suppose its fair enough at least he's told me how he feels, so at least i know now if i decide to have the baby il be doing it on my own
  • Options
    He came back really late and bit drunk last night and we talked a little bit, he told me that he really loves me, but doesnt think he's ready for a baby..

I just told him that its ok if he's not ready but i wasnt going to be pressured into making any decisions at the moment and i need time to think of what im gona do, He wasnt really that happy and told me he'd prefer if i got an abortion with him there to help me through it..

Dont really know what im gona do now, to be honest i thought he'd say it was ok and he'd be there for me whatever i chose to do, but i suppose its fair enough at least he's told me how he feels, so at least i know now if i decide to have the baby il be doing it on my own
    He has got the right to want you to have an abortion, just like you have the right to want one but ultimately he doesn't have a choice, so don't let him talk you into anything you don't want. He may come round in time but it's best to think and plan your future assuming he won't be around. By law he will have to help with the cost of raising the baby.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    He has got the right to want you to have an abortion, just like you have the right to want one but ultimately he doesn't have a choice, so don't let him talk you into anything you don't want. He may come round in time but it's best to think and plan your future assuming he won't be around. By law he will have to help with the cost of raising the baby.
    Good luck.

:yes:

For all you know, he might change his mind in a few weeks time or something. Don't be rushed or pressurised into doing something you're not ready or comfortable to do.
  • Options
    Just thought id give ya's an update and say thanks for everyone's advice... Both of us went to the family planning clinic today to talk through all our options, After a lot of thinking and talking i'd kinda decided to have an abortion but when i told him what id decided he told me wait a few days and let it all sink in that he's not sure if he wants me to now..

Im already so confused and he's making it soo much worse because i thought id come to a decision and now i think he's changing his mind and i dont know what to think, which is making me feel worse.. I've booked into a clinic for next thursday, so we both have until then to come to a definite decision and if we dont then i think il go ahead with abortion..
  • Options
    I'm glad you've got things sorted, although it must be hard with him not being able to make him mind up but of course it's a confusing time for you both.

I don't really know what to say because you aren't really together anymore are you? If you don't go ahead with the abortion, long term will there honestly be a future for you together, because if it wasn't for this, wouldn't you have both gone your separate ways?
  • Options
    I don't really know what to say because you aren't really together anymore are you? If you don't go ahead with the abortion, long term will there honestly be a future for you together, because if it wasn't for this, wouldn't you have both gone your separate ways?

Well he's told me he never wanted us to break up and that he'd love for us to give it another go, regardless of whether i decide to have an abortion or not.. He moved back into our bedroom from the spare room last night because i didnt want to be on my own, so i dont really no if we'l get back together or not..

Im not sure if its possible but i felt really crazy last week and everything he did and said annoyed me, but i dont feel like that this week so i think that maybe my hormones were all over the place i didnt really know what i wanted.. i do still really love him so maybe after we've worked worked through all this we'l give it another go..
  • Options
    Yeah, it sounds like you probably took each other for granted but now realise what you have, i believe if you work together and support each other there is no doubt that it can work so i wish you the best of luck.
    I'm pleased he's there for you anyway, I'm sure you'll both make the right decision under the circumstances when it comes down to it :thumb:
  • Options
    Yeah, it sounds like you probably took each other for granted but now realise what you have, i believe if you work together and support each other there is no doubt that it can work so i wish you the best of luck.
    I'm pleased he's there for you anyway, I'm sure you'll both make the right decision under the circumstances when it comes down to it :thumb:

Thanks squeal and cheers for all your advice i really appreciate it and it really helped :)
  • Options
    Thanks squeal and cheers for all your advice i really appreciate it and it really helped :)

Glad i helped if only a bit, let us know how it goes and you know where to come if you ever need to talk :)