Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fate

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Do you believe in fate? In things happening for a reason?

What basis do you hold them beliefs on?

Personally I do, but it scares me. I know I wouldnt be in the position I am in now if my mother hadnt have thrown me out as a young 'un.

An old work friend has died in a car crash - thats now 2 people within a month.

I know it sounds weird, but I know from his death, good will come. People will be more careful, if only for a week or so.

Do you think this is fate, or do you think it is just human nature.

This is a bit of a babbley post, sorry my head is a bit all over the shop.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I believe in fate, i.e everything happens for a reason. I started believing in fate because I was constantly looking for answers as to why certain things happened in my life. A was slowly going crazy searching :crazyeyes

When I havent gotten jobs I wanted, I put it down to fate. Im sure there is a logical reason (i.e better candidate) but if it just isnt meant to be yours, it wont be.

Fate is something I never really question, I just accept it. If something is going to happen, it will.

:thumb:
    i think i believe in fate... sometimes things just click together and somehow it feels like it was always meant to be. i can't imagine not believing in anything, it would make life seem so void.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Let me ask a question first: How can we do any more than speculate about it?
    The only way to have even evidence that fate does or doesn't exist would be if we could go back in time, change something and see if the outcome would be the same in the end. Since we can't do that, we can't really know, can we?

Anyway, my own belief is something in the middle. I think that most of what happens depends on our actions, and different actions will have even bigger differences in outcome (the "butterfly effect"). But I also think that there are some things, relatively very few, that would happen no matter what.
    I used to...but either someone really likes to play games with me, or i've got to learn some seriously hard lessons...maybe my life makes sense to someone