Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

can pills cause

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
mouth ulcers? Because i took my first pill the other day and now my mouth is full of ulcers which isn't normal for me, do you think their could be a link?

(I know this sounds really weird...)

Comments

• Options
    playdead wrote: »
    mouth ulcers? Because i took my first pill the other day and now my mouth is full of ulcers which isn't normal for me, do you think their could be a link?

(I know this sounds really weird...)

Yeah - especially if they have amphetamines in...
  • Options
    o cool thankyou, was panicing incase it was something majorly bad but if it just by the pill hopfully i'll be ok soon
    thanks x
  • Options
    I know that when I went on benders my immune system used to be run down as hell and I'd get headaches, ulcers and stomach pains occasionally. However, it's strange that you got this on your first but it could be related.

Had you been getting enough sleep as of late? Or been drinking especially more booze?

At the end of the day regardless of how much fun you have on booze or drugs our bodies aren't equipped to handle the high chemical intake which is why our body rejects them in the end with hangovers/comedowns etc.

Just try and get some sleep, drink lots of water and eat some fruit to cleanse yourself out a bit. Also, Bonjela would help your ulcers.

Take care! :)
  • Options
    i haven't been able to eat since either, i'm normally really hungry but i haven't eaten since friday morning, i tried to yesterday but it just made me sick :/ i swear my body hates pills hehe
  • Options
    playdead wrote: »
    i haven't been able to eat since either, i'm normally really hungry but i haven't eaten since friday morning, i tried to yesterday but it just made me sick :/ i swear my body hates pills hehe

Och, it's just something you'll need to ride out kiddo! I remember my first pill I had my period the next day and I felt SO SO ill. I couldn't eat, drink or sleep haha. I just needed sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, but I couldn't. Rah.

Just lie on your bed and read or listen to music or something to ride it out. :thumb:

I know, the handy thing about me taking pills from last year is that I've lost over two stone from dancing and not eating as regular like I did in the first days of taking it! Not to advocate it or owt, but like that's the only good thing I've gotten from the many many comedowns after them, ha.
  • Options
    a nice fat joint...and sleep it off!:thumb:
  • Options
    If you're chewing your cheeks a lot while you're on pills that can give you ulcers too. Try and use chewing gum!
  • Options
    put bicarbonate of soda on them / salt
  • Options
    Vingar, soak a q-tip in it and then dab on the ulcer, it really stings but it will get rid of them quicker than anything else. That and chewable vitamin C, which is probably a good idea for your system at the moment anyway.
  • Options
    hate it when u catch the side of your tounge at some point at end up with the white lumps :mad:
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    hate it when u catch the side of your tounge at some point at end up with the white lumps :mad:

Yeah those fuckers sting.
  • Options
    are you sure you were not just chewing your cheeks as you had done your first pill!!!
  • Options
    i remember one time i had about 4 mouth ulsers and my cheeks where swollen i was that fucked...and i had to eat dinner with my parents the next day when my head was up my ass....not nice!:sour:
  • Options
    I have always been susceptible to ulcers even as a child and pills make me chew and if I catch my lip or cheek I will end up with a bloody great ulcer for a week after :(