Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it shallow to be attracted to attractiveness, and look down on others?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Riiight, being yet another teacher, which anyone with a 2.2 from any uni can do, starting on under £25k is more 'respected' than winning a coveted grad place at a prestigious firm, providing the best training opportunities to make something of your life and be a future business leader. How far away from the real world are you?

You're not serious?

Dude, you're an interchangeable suit, who has exactly ZERO long lasting influence or effect on any one's life.

People remember their teachers forever.

How far away from the real world are you?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    You don't really think people in the city are more respected than teachers do you? I mean, come on, you can't be aware of much of the 'real world' if you don't know how most people think of people in the city.

Most people I know think of teachers as doing an incredibly hard job in a difficult situation and most city workers as arrogant tax dodgers. You're hardly disproving the rule.
    I'm talking about 'respect' from the people that matter, not the entire population who are entirely ignorant to what people in the City actually do, and complain that investment bankers are stealing their overdraft fees as bonuses, or whatever.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jomery wrote: »
    I'm talking about 'respect' from the people that matter, not the entire population who are entirely ignorant to what people in the City actually do, and complain that investment bankers are stealing their overdraft fees as bonuses, or whatever.
    Who matters then Jomery? Your stuck up bunch of toffs with cambridge degrees and Bentleys?

Why cant we just ban this utter twat?!
  • Options
    I respect my teachers far more than some fat city cat who thinks the world should get down on their bended knees and worship him because he's rich. Someone has to teach the next generation. My teachers have belief in me when the rest of society seems to give up on todays children. Not all teachers have a passion for what they do - but some really do love their job and really want to help kids get what they want.
  • Options
    you don't have to deal with people
    Most of my job is dealing with people. Demanding CEOs and corporate strategists.

Don't know why you made a huge rant about money above as I value career way over money - someone starting as a graduate trainee at a national newspaper on just £20k garners much more respect than me than yet another graduate accountant at Deloitte etc.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    On topic - is it shallow to be attracted to attractiveness? Not generally, but I suspect you find shallow traits to be attractive.

Is it shallow to look down on others?
    The word shallow doesn't really capture what someone is really like if they spend their life looking down on others. Looking down on others in general (as you seem to) is narrow minded, bigoted, arrogant, ignorant and generally very unattractive.

I seriously suspect you know all this and are trying your best to provoke everyone here as much as you can. Therefore, this topic is closed.

If you genuinely believe that your views on others life choices are valid, then I would seriously think about writing to Cambridge and telling them "Dear Doctor blah blah, when you were teaching me all that stuff to get me a job in the city, you forgot to teach me about humility."

P.S this is also closed because it is just descending into unnecessary insults - I think everyone is just too riled.
This discussion has been closed.