Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Passport validity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so im planning on going to Cyprus for a week with the lads. And my travel agent said that our passports had to be valid for 6 months after my return date.

I went home i noticed mine wouls be 6 days out, anyway i looked on the passport site and rang them up and they said that i should contact the Cyprus embassy as each country has there own laws on it.

I found information on holiday sites saying all i needed was a passport with 3 months valid after the return date which would be fine. I tried ringing the actual consulate place but got no answer.

So basically just a general question, if anyone knows about this kind of thing or has been to Cyprus of late?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote: »

I found information on holiday sites saying all i needed was a passport with 3 months valid after the return date which would be fine. ?

My cousin got told that it was 3 months too
    Ahh wicked, did her holiday go ok?
    Well actually, looking through loads of holiday sites and travel sites it does seem that 3 months is all i need. But i think as long as your going to another EU country all you need is a passport valid for your stay.
    rachie004 wrote: »
    because really what would I know?

How to keep a clean cock pit ? :D
    In my experience, you only need 6 months+ on the end of your passport if you're applying for a visa for, say, Russia, China etc.

If you're going to an EU country or a country where you simply show your passport at immigration, you should be fine with 3. I think it's basically to allow for any complications that may arise during your stay.
    Well i emailed the British High Commission and they emailed back saying all i needed was a valid passport for my trip. So all sorted :D

Cheers me dears.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Ahh wicked, did her holiday go ok?

She flew yesterday morning so yeah :lol:
    But she was ridiculously fit so i'll let her off.