Home Anything Goes
Chat is taking place on the boards this evening, whilst we fix some gremlins. General chat can be found here, whilst you can head on over here for support chat
Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated subforum .

Leaving present

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a friend who has been an exchange student at my school for a year, it's her last day on friday - I want to get her a nice leaving present (but not too much as it was her birthday earlier this month). I have no idea what to get her. What would be a good idea for an exchange student? She's from Norway if it helps.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Neutrogena hand cream :p
    Make her a really nice thankyou card, then she knows you've taken time and effort to make it. What about some nice flowers???
    What about something typically British, that she cant get back in Norway (Im thinking herpes & White Lightning :D )

Only joking, have a chat with her about some of the things or foods she really enjoyed whilst in the UK. Maybe make her a little hamper of some of her favourite british foods to take back to Norway.

Or maybe a photo album with pictures of her with you and your classmates.

:thumb:
    Calvin wrote: »
    (Im thinking herpes & White Lightning :D )

One of Girls Aloud then :o
    One of Girls Aloud then :o

:yes:

The ginger one :D
    Calvin wrote: »
    Or maybe a photo album with pictures of her with you and your classmates.

:yes: Good idea. It's something personal, something that takes a little time and something she can always look back at and remember the good times.
    or get anice notebook and get you and your classmates to write messages for her. like best memories of all of you/good luck for the future/names and addresses for keeping in touch/photos etc. My friends from my gap year did that and its nice to look through but also to have all contact details in one place
    I gave her a photo frame for her birthday and she's already got a book for people to write in. :confused:
    Booze. It costs an absolute fortune in Norway!
    Even if you got her a photo frame for her birthday, if you've got some photos then you could still get the photo album and put some pictures in it.
    Even if you got her a photo frame for her birthday, if you've got some photos then you could still get the photo album and put some pictures in it.

I agree, by a photo album/scrap book and put together a nice little album of pictures with little messages underneath
    Food