Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rain

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welsh Jemz wrote: »
    its been raining pretty much non stop here as well, but I live in Wales so we're used to it plus I live on top of a hill :D
    As long as the sheep were safe, the population of Wales can sleep easy tonight. :p
    Is it just me who loves the sound of the wind and rain outside at night? i actually open my windows when its raining heavily, helps me sleep better for some reason..i just find it relaxing
    icey wrote: »
    Is it just me who loves the sound of the wind and rain outside at night? i actually open my windows when its raining heavily, helps me sleep better for some reason..i just find it relaxing

I like the sound of rain hitting of a roof or whatever, specially when you're inside and free from getting soaked. Doesn't help me get sleep though.

That's why i extended my lay in this morning :p can't beat the sound of it chucking it down outside whilst your laid in bed warm and cosy.
    Had to close it though when i realised my wall was a bit wet.
    How can the sound of the wind be too cold? :lol:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I do like the sound of rain. However, I don't like how the rain has affected us. We cannot get anywhere, really. Well, that's a lie - apparently, we can go north but then we can't get back south. The M1 is closed all round us, Meadowhall is completely closed (including the interchange), there was a fire in one of the steelworks factories, most of the roads round me are closed, looking out my window, traffic is at a standstill, with people trying to get to work, power lines have been down, a dam about to break with unleash all the water on another powerstation.

A lot of the local schools (including mine :yippe: ) are also closed.

Two people are now dead in Sheffield.

It's all madness here.
    I love really wild weather when Im in bed too, I find it really relaxing.

Still no rain here, in fact it's actually quite sunny today :)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It's stopped raining and we have a bit of blue sky here too now :p

However, it's the clear up operation. And we have rain forecast later on in the week.
    Here it's ridiculous.

It's not actually raining today thank god. But I decided last night I'd give my cousin a lift this morning to her placement because the bus would have been a nightmare.

To be fair, other than a road I drove along yesterday being completely immersed in water and shut off (I can't even describe how bad it is), getting her there was fine. But because of that road being shut, the traffic everywhere is horrendous. I was caught in it and running out of petrol. Every escape route I tried I found more traffic, then I cut through a village and had to go through a flood so deep the water was up to my door because I couldn't turn around anywhere :( And then I finally got out, and jumped on the goddamn motorway with no petrol, literally willing my car to get home. Where the traffic wasn't much better.

I'm buying my car a present for that (and some petrol)

yeah me too!

I like it when it rains in the day too though :p i dont mind getting wet at all as long as its not that cold.
    I am sick to death of it. I ride a scooter, it's half an hour to work, and every day I am completely drenched.

I was meant to go to my boyfriend's last night as he offered to cook dinner but it was constantly pouring and it's not really safe for me to ride when the roads are slippy as my brakes are playing up. So I had to call it off and stay in by myself. :(

Bloody rain. It's so LOUD as well.
    No rain here! :D
    i drove to nottingham yesterday and i've never seen rain like it! i had to drive pretty much past rotherham and sheffield which is where it's worst. had to drive back today a different way as they closed the m1 near me!