Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ad-Aware 2007

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone using this yet ? If so how do you rate it as a new product ? How does it compare against the old SE version ?

I read somewhere that after December this year Lavasoft will stop supporting the old SE version with tech support and definition updates so looks like people won't have any choice but to change in the future.

Thought I'd get some opinions before giving it a bash. :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not to sound dumb, but what does SE mean? I've heard it so many times but never botherd to ask
    I think it means second edition
    could be wrong though
    Ah that rings a bell
    rings a bell but SE often used for cut down version of software or free versions - no idea what it could mean though in that use.
    I've been thinking about getting Ad-Aware 2007 as I'll need to carry on using recent software to clean out customers' PC's :-) I have used Ad-Aware 6 and SE over the last 4 years, the footprint always being around 6 megabytes. What gets me is that the 2007 version is being released as 17 megabytes. It was the same reason why I didn't go to Paintshop Pro 8. Version 7 was 40 MB, version 8 dectupled to 400 MB.