Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feet problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In recent months my feet have been really itchy. Not on the soles or between the toes but on the tops. If I wasn't so strong about messing with 'em, I could probably rub them until they were red raw. The worst part is, my feet really stink. I've never had this issue before, but when I'm sitting close to people it's starting to get embarrasing, and at times, it makes me feel unclean aswell. A couple of pairs of shoes I wear, I was wearing long before this started, so I don't think the shoes are to blame. Anyway, any ideas what this is? And any remedy's for the smell? This is so yuk... :o

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Athletes foot
    Yeah it does sound like athletes foot
    luvmeright wrote: »
    Yeah it does sound like athletes foot

On the tops of my feet? I didn't think you could get it there. Shows how much I know... :eek:
    Try an athletes foot treatment, if it doesn't do the trick then need to think of another lone of attack.

Don't forget to make extra sure you wash them well, dry them even better and wear cotton socks with shoes, or bare feet as much as possible.
    Try an athletes foot treatment, if it doesn't do the trick then need to think of another lone of attack.

Don't forget to make extra sure you wash them well, dry them even better and wear cotton socks with shoes, or bare feet as much as possible.

Will do. Thanks... :)
    I've heard 90% of people get athletes foot at least once within their life time.

I had it a few months ago. Washing my feet and wearing clean socks everyday (you get lazy as a student) cleared it up. Also anti-bacterial shoe spray. It didn't help having to work in a sweaty environment, wearing trainers that had little or no ventilation to let my feet breathe.