Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Roadworks at 2am

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it not illegal for roadworks to be taking place at this time???

I've just been woken up, I have a busy day at work tomorrow and some cunt is using a jackhammer in the street.

Should I call the local police? Why would they be drilling at this time of night?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's a bit crap, unless it's something urgent like a fractured gas main. Better secure ya nightie in case it is, oooo and put some clean knickers on in case they evacuate you :D
    Try living where I'm from, for 20 years of my life I've had helicpoters flying over my house at ridiculous hours. You get used to it. :thumb:
    get over it.

ring me mobile maddog please!
    Shogun wrote: »
    get over it.

ring me mobile maddog please!

Ok
    ring jamie 4 me...

*doofus :p*

tell him 2 ring me back..100%%%^&*
    Not picking up. Edit that number out ya eejit.
    It'll be a gas main, we had one leaking outside our house a few years ago and transco dug up the entire road at about 3am but then had to stop working cos people complained, nevermind that our whole house was filling with gas :(
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If it was after 8am you'd be complaining that the road is closed and it's causing traffic problems :p
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    The only reason they would be doing something would surely be an emergency.
    Yeah as Bunnie said it could be emergency roadworks on a busy London street.

The northern line used to run through my back garden, when the engineers were fixing it etc, there would be drilling and big flood lights all night. Along with workmen shouting and swearing at eachother. Never used to get a minutes sleep those nights but not much you can do about it though.

:thumb:
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Try living where I'm from, for 20 years of my life I've had helicpoters flying over my house at ridiculous hours. You get used to it. :thumb:

I'd personally be more worried about the gunfire, but I spose if you are copterphobic, then you can't help it.