Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gutted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just failed my driving test, first attempt. Went through the entire test with one minor fault, then had to park in the bays at the test centre, the one thing I've never had a problem with, and had a couple of inches of tyre in the next space.

Gah :(

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oh dont worry, you will pass eventually.

But they are good results for a first time, so you will be fine I am sure.

Get on the phone today and book another one, you know what they say about horses :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bunnie wrote:
    you know what they say about horses

They make great glue?

Don't worry about it, bit of a downer but it's far from the end of the world and like bunnie said, you did well otherwise so a few more lessons and get another test booked :thumb:
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    They make great glue?

:eek: (I actually took a gasp when I read that! :p)
    I just failed my driving test, first attempt. Went through the entire test with one minor fault, then had to park in the bays at the test centre, the one thing I've never had a problem with, and had a couple of inches of tyre in the next space.

Gah :(

HARSH!!
    That is harsh, but as Bunnie said you did really really well so next time should be an absolute breeze. Book up for your re-test right away and don't let it get you down. You done good, girl! :thumb:
    Driving instructor was going to book another ASAP and try for a cancellation.

Just kicking myself that it was something so so stupid that I can do well. :banghead:

At least I didn't pay the £90 for it. :rolleyes:
    Bunnie wrote: »
    :eek: (I actually took a gasp when I read that! :p)

That or you sat on a cucumber :D
    If it makes you feel any better, I've already failed 6 times, and the last time it was cause I was in the wrong lane at a roundabout (A double roundabout under a bridge with a zebra crossing between them, and I didnt have any tuition on double roundabouts). The instructor told me to take the second exit, basically straight on to the second roundabout so i took the left lane. Turns out he considered it to be a right turn (his reasoning still beats me) so I should have been in the right lane....!!

Sometimes its hard to accept they're just doing their job and not dislike them for it.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    That or you sat on a cucumber :D

Ouch, you're right, they always catch you off guard with just how long they stay cold for when you take them out of the fridge! :eek:

Remember boys and girls, run them under lukewarm water for a few minutes before indulging in any fridge food based action :thumb:
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    Ouch, you're right, they always catch you off guard with just how long they stay cold for when you take them out of the fridge! :eek:

Remember boys and girls, run them under lukewarm water for a few minutes before indulging in any fridge food based action :thumb:

:lol:

RS you certainly know how to make a girl blush! :blush: How did you know about my salad antics?
    Because when you get all sexually aroused, your knickers look like the napkin thats been used to mop up a spilt broth :nervous:

:p
    eww, thats crossed the line a bit.
    I never had to practice bay parking and it wasn't on either of my tests. It was only turn in road, parallel park and reverse round corner :confused:
    I think it depends on the testing centre. When i was learning in London i didn't have to do it, but i took more lessons and my test in Norwich and i did.
    Thankfully, I've never had to reverse into a parking bay. It isn't part of the test in this area, apparently. Does anyone actually reverse into parking bays after passing their test, anyway? When you go to somewhere like Tesco, and look in the car park, everyone drives in and reverses out.

There seem to be loads of people doing their test this week. I join them, as I'll be doing mine... today. [Friday] By about 1pm, I'll know what the result is.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Does anyone actually reverse into parking bays after passing their test, anyway? When you go to somewhere like Tesco, and look in the car park, everyone drives in and reverses out.

Yep, makes it alot easier coming out when the car parks busy and you've got ignorant drivers just driving straight pass you as your trying to inch out carefully because the cars eitherside of you are obstructing your vision.

Reversing in makes it easier to line the car up anyway, and when you come out you can see when its clear and pop straight out. :thumb:
    Yeah, it depends what i'm doing. If i'm food shopping i drive straight in as there's easier access to the boot like that. If i'm just going to teh cinema or something then i'll reverse in.
    I reverse park almost everywhere.
    I reverse into bays quite a lot too.
    In most supermarket car-parks you should drive in and reverse out so you can get the stuff into the car afterwards.

Usually reversing into a bay is easier though.

You are not forced to do it in one turn though. Generally reversing into spaces like you get your guidance through the wing mirrors.