Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ecstasy

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Agian this week supposedly saw another girl die from taking ecstasy. She did not die from takingt ecstasy.
It was too much water which killed this girl. The issue with women is that one of the metabolites of MDMA after being broken down a hormone that is produced related to the menstrual cycle that can cause the body to think it needs massive amounts of water when it doesn't. Leah Betts, the other famous UK death, died from drinking 3 litres of water in under an hour, which led to cerebral edema.
and this: the bleeding from every orifice is due to something called disseminated intravascular coagulation and is a side effect of hyperthermia. "If we get too hot, above 42C (108F), our blood starts to form tiny clots that stick to the artery walls. This is not usually a problem in itself, but the process uses up the clotting agent in the blood, so that there is nothing to prevent bleeding. There are always tiny cuts and scratches inside the body and brain which are due to the body constantly replacing worn out tissue with new cells, but these leaks are normally sealed off by the clotting of blood. Without the clotting agent, bleeding is unfettered, a process called DIC or disseminated intravascular coagulation, made worse by
high blood pressure due to exercise and the speedy effect of MDMA. People can bleed to death in this way, and if bleeding occurs in the brain it can cause a stroke. When someone is bleeding internally, blood may run out of
their mouth or anus."
and this: 30,000 people die from alcohol anually in Britain, and 250,000 from smoking. this is compared to around 20 - 30 e related deaths. many of these are from contaminated pills (such as pma) which could be avoided with a tester.
Could you imagine how much more constructive it would have been if the media had bothered to do the research I did?
Scaring people into not taking ecstacy does not work. Education is needed.
The people I know that take ecstasy have come to distrust the media because of the way they treat drugs. If the media were honest in the way they portray ecstasy they might get more respect from the people who consume it. Users from experience understand a lot of the dangers and they know how to take precautions. If the media is telling them they know from experience isn't true how do you expect users to believe them.
100 people have died from taking exstacy since 1988!
A quick search on google for some more stats came up with this:
"In the United Kingdom, for example, such lung cancer deaths amount to about 770 per year, deaths from other cancers to about 2,700 and heart disease deaths to 7,900. That means that about 11,400 adults die prematurely in Britain per annum because of tobacco-smoke pollution. This figure, added to the figure of up to 9,000 deaths of unborn children and young infants produces 20,400 deaths each year." Taken from http://www.antenna.nl/nietrokers/e/g03059.html
100 deaths in 13 years - or 20,400 in EVERY year.
Something to think about next time your smoking parents, grandparents and friends try and force their misguided drug propaganda onto you.
I woul really like to have some feedback on my views from other people who either agree or diagree with me.
Thanx People.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Skive'n'Dive:
    Agian this week supposedly saw another girl die from taking ecstasy. She did not die from takingt ecstasy.
    It was too much water which killed this girl. The issue with women is that one of the metabolites of MDMA after being broken down a hormone that is produced related to the menstrual cycle that can cause the body to think it needs massive amounts of water when it doesn't. Leah Betts, the other famous UK death, died from drinking 3 litres of water in under an hour, which led to cerebral edema.

Yes and I agree with what your saying and I myself am a pretty heavy E and Wizz user, but the one thing your failing to mention is that yes it wasn't the pill that killed her, yet it contributed, remember E is also an anti-diuretic and therefore the body doesn't release water was well as it should.

Another thing you missed was that if excess water is consumed and can not be got rid of it causes a height in blood pressure, if more water is consumed it is released into a persons CSF (Cereibal Spinal Fluid), CSF is maintained at a close pressure at all times and basically links a persons spine and CNS (Central Nervous System) to the brain, as the fluid pressure rises it causes inter-cranial Pressure where basically pressure builds up in the brain and it begins to swell, as the brain is maintained in a solid mass (the skull) for protection it swells until it crushes itself against its own boundries.

*All that from being a Combat Medical Technician in the army... tee-hee*

Having said that your right in the case that the amount of deaths from MDMA and MDA related products is so low in comparison to other chemicals:

"These are the known drug-related deaths in the UK, 1990: tobacco, 110,000; alcohol, 30,000; volatile substances, 112; morphine, 91; methadone, 84; heroin, 62; barbiturate type, 7; anti-depressants, 4; cocaine, 4; pethidine, 3; MDMA (Ecstasy), 3; amphetamine type, 2; hallucinogens, 0; LSD, 0; psylocibin, 0; cannabis, 0." - Guardian

Another interesting article worth reading is:

http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,2763,351153,00.html

Unfortunatly mind, the media is not allowed to be seen as supporting drug use, the same goes for the police force... even tho many of them agree with the legalisation of some of the softer drugs, they are not allowed to voice this opinion.

[This message has been edited by Justin Credible (edited 14-05-2001).]
  • Options
    the two of yous seem to to be well up on all this.i agree that people need to be eductaded on what to do and what not to do wen on yokes, cause lets face it,no matter what ppl are told they will still take the pills. ive never taken them myself, but i honestly cant say i never will. one of the main risks tho is knowin what shit is actually in that pill ur about to take, it could send u on a mad one or just end it all right there!!!.........
  • Options
    Thats true and u do get pills with shit in em...a friend of mine got stricknin (rat poison) poisoning from an E. The way I look at it though is its not that likely u will get killed due to the fact they contain something lethal (although it can happen) coz u would have to b a right sick basterd to produce the pills containing lethal shit. But as we all no there r sick basterds out there so u can never b too carefull!