Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Glastonbury

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Since it's on TV, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread saying who we thought was good.

Well day 1, I think Björk was the outstanding act. No-one else came close imo. Bloc Party were pretty good too, but Arcade Fire weren't as good as I've seen them in the past (though I'd love to have been there for the singalong on the last song). Didn't think much of the Arctic Monkeys, but then I'm not a big fan anyway. And the BBC only showed one Gogol Bordello song which wasn't one of my favourite songs by them, but they were their usual crazy selves.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I didn't see all that much of it, but from what I saw Kasabian were alright.
    I thought that Artic Monkeys played a tigt set but they aren't that entertaining to watch. Kasabian were okay. Nothing has struck me as being top quality (can't stand Bjork so wouldn't even watch her), so I'm hoping that things improve.

With The Who on Sunday night, I 'd like to think there a fantastic climax to the festival...
    Hahaha, when was it on? I'm so clueless.
    I saw the Artic Monkeys set. They are definatly improving as a live act i feel. I really wish i was actually in the muddy fields of Somerset though.
    1983 wrote: »
    Hahaha, when was it on? I'm so clueless.

It's on all weekend at night time. BBC 2, 3 and 4 plus interactive from about 10 'til about 2 in the morning.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Glastonbury on TV is the same as any other festival on TV - it's shite. The thing that sets Glastonbury apart from other festivals can't be experienced through the TV.
    Weekender Offender 
    Might try and watch some later on.

MY WELLIES ARE AT GLASTONBURY!

Haha.

My new housemate has borrowed them as he has gone. My old flatmate is there too :(
    yeah i wanted to go but couldnt get anyone to go with :(

From watching it on tv though i think download would be more my thing.
    Meh, Glastonbury has totally sold out, gone all corporate, preachy and up its own arse. Plus in my opinion, barring The Who, the acts are shite peddlars. Plus too many of those damn hippies.
    How fucking knackered does Edith Bowman look!
    Someone has died of a suspected overdose at glasto...so some twunt has pretty much just ruined it next year for all the people who take drugs sensibley
    icey wrote: »
    Someone has died of a suspected overdose at glasto...so some twunt has pretty much just ruined it next year for all the people who take drugs sensibley

Sniffer dogs at the ready.
    icey wrote: »

If there's a will there's a way.

The both times I went to a festival I was close to overdose, having a coctail of drugs is not a good idea. Ended up having very shallow breathing and that impending doom feeling. Fucked up.
    With The Who on Sunday night, I 'd like to think there a fantastic climax to the festival...

Oh I am most certainly loving this...