Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help Please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Call him a wanker who should have never been in charge of this countries transport or industry.

Then punch him.
  • Options
  • Options
    Did you have the piss ripped out of you at school for being named Darling ? :)
  • Options
    Ask him what happened to Labour's promises back in the 1990s to renationalise the rail network if they won power.

Also ask him if he thinks privatisation of the railways has been a success and good for passengers.
  • Options
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Ask him what happened to Labour's promises back in the 1990s to renationalise the rail network if they won power.

Also ask him if he thinks privatisation of the railways has been a success and good for passengers.

Yeah ask him that. But do a Jeremy Paxman a pin him down to an answer, cos he will try and avoid answering.

You're in a great position to ask anything you like no matter how cheeky, cos your a student ;)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »

Clause 4 debate.

Personally I would ask him that if, as is rumoured, he gets the Chancellor position under a Brown Govt, what does he think that the priorities are over an above anything which has been previously promised. That last part is to try and stop him just repeating what Brown has previously said...
  • Options
    Oooh i like that one, i think i'll try and use that. Thanks Aladdin.

Keep em coming, cause i dont think very many people are gonna ask questions.

But make sure its phrased as a 'yes' or 'no' question. If yor questions are open-ended, they have the opportunity to waffle their way out of trouble ...
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Did you have the piss ripped out of you at school for being named Darling ? :)

My mum used to work for Alistair Darling, and she'd write notes for work headed 'Alistair Darling'. My boyfriend at the time was called Alistair and i used to get so confused as to why my mum was writing a note to Alistair starting 'Alistair Darling'!

Sorry, bit OT but i thought it was amusing :p
  • Options
    Do the questions have to be related to trade and industry?
  • Options
  • Options
    You should have asked him about his eyebrows they're wierd.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    You should have asked him about his eyebrows they're wierd.

Dyed? Gotta be! :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Dyed? Gotta be! :p

You wouldnt do that to yourself surely?
  • Options
    You wouldnt do that to yourself surely?

Lol - well, it has given him one of the more instantly recognisable faces in politics. Can you imagine how insipid he would look if he was completely grey? Another John Major-type character! :lol:

Which brings me to another thought - albeit horrible - if he does dye his eyebrows, has he gone so far as to matching his 'collars' and 'cuffs'? :yuck:
  • Options
    Which brings me to another thought - albeit horrible - if he does dye his eyebrows, has he gone so far as to matching his 'collars' and 'cuffs'? :yuck:

Please don't ever put thoughts like that into my brain again. I'm going to have to go and pour bleach in my ear to get rid of that :yuck:
  • Options

I was kind of hoping that 'downstairs' would be the same colour as his hair, making his eyebrows stand out even more.
  • Options
    I was kind of hoping that 'downstairs' would be the same colour as his hair, making his eyebrows stand out even more.

You have "hopes" about Minister's pubic hair? It's actually something that you think about?

You scare me.
  • Options
    Ask him if he gets a lot of time off since there's no industry to be responsible for any more.