Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Post of the week?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any nominations? I'll come up with a few of mine tomorrow, but you can all start :)

As usual Octopi, wristbands (remember them ;) ) and packs of condoms available for the winner post and nominatee

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2003301&postcount=4

Mr Rubberskin...becoming quite the regular, but he does make me cackle!
  • Options
    there are lods of rubberskins-which one too choose?
  • Options
  • Options
    Can you not start a second thread each week

Rubberism of the week?
  • Options
    How do people quote just one post? I get confused :(

I want to nominate Rubberskin's 'kentish' M&S parody quote from MOK's Bored thread, but i don't know how :(
  • Options
    How do people quote just one post? I get confused :(

I want to nominate Rubberskin's 'kentish' M&S parody quote from MOK's Bored thread, but i don't know how :(

You click the little number on the top right of the people's post, then it shows just that one post :)
  • Options
    Ahhh, that's clever.

*scurries off to find post to nominate*
  • Options
  • Options
    i think if we're to predict whos going to win it's going to be incredibly difficult :chin: :rolleyes:
  • Options

That's the one.

Why not just give him the damned prize now and save time...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
  • Options
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=2005191&postcount=14

MoK - the first part: "I've heard of ectopic pregnancies but that's a new one on me!"
  • Options
    Any more nomiations? I'll leave it open till tomorrow morning then put the voting up for the weekend/Monday
  • Options
    Koes theory, from this thread: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=2006262&postcount=15
    koe_182 wrote: »
    the truth is these kids think they are "indie" or whatever just cos they dressed in what looks like some smaller persons clothes they found in a bin bag.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=2005191&postcount=14

MoK - the first part: "I've heard of ectopic pregnancies but that's a new one on me!"
    I saw that one and thought it was the funniest, but nominating didn't cross my mind.
  • Options
    Are you trying to steal my nominating thunder? :p
  • Options
    Are you trying to steal my nominating thunder? :p
    Yes. In fact, I'm conspiring with Jim to change the poster of the nomination to be me, and make it seem like you posted what I posted above.
    I want to be KHSS in KHSS's place (Iznogoud reference).
  • Options
    Iznogoud ... I think I have a book of that. Is it a cartoon book a bit like Asterix? I have one where he gets the Sultan lost in a maze I think. (Is that what you mean? :o)
  • Options
    Iznogoud ... I think I have a book of that. Is it a cartoon book a bit like Asterix? I have one where he gets the Sultan lost in a maze I think. (Is that what you mean? :o)
    :yes:
    Goscinny's finest comic series, IMO.
  • Options
    :no: Asterix all the way!
  • Options
    :no: Asterix all the way!
    It's good of course, but I like the humour of the Grand Vizier's adventures much better.
  • Options
    I've only read the one Iznogoud, copmared to (probably) all the Asterix ones so I can't comment really. Also I was only about 11 and didn't know what a Grand Vizier was, so you know...! Whereas magic potion and Roman-bashing is a lot easier to understand :D
  • Options
    I've only read the one Iznogoud, copmared to (probably) all the Asterix ones so I can't comment really. Also I was only about 11 and didn't know what a Grand Vizier was, so you know...! Whereas magic potion and Roman-bashing is a lot easier to understand :D
    Yeah, Iznogoud is a more "adult" kind of series, especially since Tabary took over the script. There was lots I didn't understand when I first read the stories that I did after growing up some more. :D
  • Options
    Did you ever read B.C/Wizard of Id books by Brant Parker and Johnny Hart? My dad had loads of these. They were his Asterix books too, I used to steal them all the time when I was little and feel really grown up! Last time I went home I notcied that my little brother had a stash of them in his room too, aww.
  • Options
    No, I've never heard of this series or these people... EDIT: Actually I've read some BC strips.
  • Options
    Ah fair enough. I just wondered since they come under the category of "comic strip books I used to read stolen from my dad" and you'd heard of the other two :)