Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

would you go? - Advice please!!! rathe urgent too!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Go, the biggest regret will probably be if you don't.
    Also, if you haven't already, have a "talk" with your mum.
  • Options
    Go in with your mum and get her to apologise for screaming and shouting then have a private word with the tutors and just explain that you felt unable to cope but would still really like to say goodbye properly to your friends
  • Options
    Go and have fun with your friends.
  • Options
    Also, if you haven't already, have a "talk" with your mum.

Lol i moved out for a week! Which as usually if my mum says the sky is green i will agree with her just to keep the peace is a big thing for me.

Don't any of you think its going to be incredibly selfish if i do go? WOnt it just makeit awkward for everyone else?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lol i moved out for a week! Which as usually if my Don't any of you think its going to be incredibly selfish if i do go? WOnt it just makeit awkward for everyone else?
    Why? You have done nothing wrong. Icey's right, she should be the one to apologize.
  • Options
    Everyone else being who?

You have already said your friends want you there - that should be enough!
  • Options
    Nope, the prom is for the students, not the tutors.

I'd go to the prom, don't worry about apologising, but obviously be friendly and polite to and tutors you see there and if needed make same vague apology for any misunderstandings/miscommunications.

Have a great night!
  • Options
  • Options
    but if i dont go i'll regret it but i also wont be able to help my frineds celebrate THEIR acheivements!

There is your answer...

Go, have fun and enjoy yourself - you won't be flaunting the fact you are there to others... if they want to gawp and whisper then that's their issues, not yours :)

Have a great night :)
  • Options
    Or do you think i could just go to my friends house (where some of my friends are meeting) and have a glass of champers before hand?
  • Options
    You could just go to your friends house, but I suspect if you do that then they will want you to go with them to the prom.

Your tutor is being stubborn and awkward because someone has complained about her. You going into college to apologise would have no affect on anyone elses response to you being at the prom.

If you were there most of the year, then the other students will probably be pleased to see you, and sounds like your mates want you there. Go round to their house before hand, all ready to go and IF it seems a bad idea then, then go home instead of going to the prom. I suspect however you'll be wanted and you'll want to go and you'll have a agreat time.

xx
  • Options
    nope. That's not the same thing. Have a glass of champers for courage if you must, but go to the prom cinderalla cassandra.
  • Options
    You would kick yourself for not enjoying the whole evening - you would see them going off to the prom and feel horrible.

These things are to be enjoyed... you've got the dress, you've got the ticket... maybe it would be good for you to go round to one of your friends to get ready... then you can get involved in the excitement of a party rather than worrying about what will happen when you are there.

Also don't forget that once the initial 'ooo look who's here' is over, everyone else will get on with enjoying themselves and probably won't give you a second glance :)

Cinderella shall go to the ball :)
  • Options
    You should go, you have the dress, and the tickets. Your friends want you there and its obvious you want to go and celebrate with them.

Go have fun and most of all hold your head up high.