Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

U-21

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Be proud fellas.

Also be annoyed at the referee for not applying the rule about goalkeeper encriachment on penalties.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do you not think this whole "be proud" attitude is part of the reason England never make it all the way?

Not having a pop either BTW, but when the French, Italians, Brazillians don't win a trophy, there seems to be so much anger back home about their failure and underacheivement - whereas when England don't do it (Last World Cup and Euros, Euro 96, Italia 90 etc) all this "pride" stuff gets trotted out when they really should be doing a lot better than they are.

Maybe it's irrelevant, but it's just a difference I've noticed.
  • Options
    Pride in the performance because they battled, they showed they had heart and it's something which the first team could learn from. No pride in the result.
  • Options
    I was gonna say bri-namite - I can't remember anyone in the last few major tournaments saying we did ourselves proud, cos we certainly didn't in any respect!!
    This was a battling performance by the youngsters and a harsh way to get knocked out, they deserved more having played all extra time with an injured player on the pitch!
    Can anyone answer me how Nigel Reo-coker plays for the U21's when hes 23 years old?? I don't get it!!
  • Options
    I have been ed up watching England's first tem play for a long time know. I hate the fact that overrated players always get put into the team and i think the layers pick the squads and team themselfs. However last night restored my faith and id much rather watch the U-21 than the first team. You could really tell how much it meant to them and i hope they are able to break into the first team.

Reo-Coker can play because he was U-21 when qualifying started so he is eligible to play.
  • Options
    Can anyone answer me how Nigel Reo-coker plays for the U21's when hes 23 years old?? I don't get it!!

There are a couple of exemptions, I think, providing they have not been capped at senior level. Don't quote me on it though.

What I want to know is why Rooney wasn't playing!