Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

household weekley shopping

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    some people spend SO much on their groceries at tesco! i'm forever asking for more than £100 for someones shopping. no bleeding surprise everyone's getting porky.
    Tesco is awesome though - WhoWhere you must have a small one! We have one of those hyper extra stores and it literally sells everything food wise you could ever imagine.

On top of that they have an enormous clothing and electrical department, a furniture dept. outdoors too, DIY, tools, paint, furnishings like curtains, bedding etc, PC dept. lol. I spend a bomb whenever I go near the damn place!

Great prices too:thumb:

And on the flip side whenever I go to morrisons I find it small and crap lol - same with the smaller tesco's though - I'm spoiled :p
    I hate the big Tescos, it takes you forever to find what you want and get round the whole shop, and you always come home with stuff you never set out for.

There's a small Waitrose over the road from work, I get most stuff from there and it ends up costing less than going to Tesco for the same stuff.
    SPAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMM reported
    Probably about £50-70 a week depending on what I buy, though its been towards the lower end of that recently.

As for people making comments about high amounts spent - who cares, its not your money, I know full well if I earnt more I could easily spend £100 a week on food it would be the first thing I'd splash out on.
    Me and my partner spend about £30 a week on our shopping just for the two of us and we tend to shop at Asda mostly but sometimes go to Tescos.
    I probably spend about £20 a week but then I don't have set shopping times and can buy ridiculous things so it does vary, but I do try to budget and cook as much as poss.
    There's no problem with spending £200 a week on food if that's what you can afford, but many people cannot afford that and that's where the problems come in. The guideline figures are fairly generous, tbh, and we certainly live within them (and that even includes a bottle of wine or two a week).

We probably spend about £50 a week on food, we do the main grocery shopping at Morrisons (they're cheap and the own-brand stuff is good) and we get our meat from the market.
    Generally about £30 every 2 - 3 weeks and then on the inbetween weeks about £5 - £10 to get fresh bread and veg thats just for me.. Although that doesn't include alcohol.
    In our house for 3 of us my mum spends about £60-£80 a week. Although about £15 of that is just for my food, the rest is for them two greddy buggers :rolleyes: I'd rather go to a market and buy fruit and veg and meat. I used to when I lived in Liverpool, but the one here is crap!
    Between £70-£90 a week at Tesco and that's for 2 adults, a toddler and dog.

On top of that I probably spend another £30 getting bread/milk etc between shops.