Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cannabis for MS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, I've got 2ndary progressive MS; given up tobacco and alcohol - both killers - GP says try cannbis but can't prescribe it and can't (or won't) say where to get it. How can I find a supplier of quality seed to grow my own? Is it growable in a greenhouse or out of doors, how long it takes before it can be harvested, etc.etc? Also advice from MS users on how much and how often I may need to use it. Anyone out there got any info?

Comments

• Options
    Best bet is to order some seeds, they're not illegal as seeds and u can order them over the internet or from growing magazines safely.
    As for growing, dont try it in a greenhouse this time of year... too cold n not enuff light... Ther's alot of growing guides on the Net.. but ur best bet is growing 2 or 3 plants inside in a warm room and give them plenty of light
  • Options
    www.ukcia.org
    got a growing guide
  • Options
    Thx for info. I've got connected.
    Originally posted by dirty_harry:
    www.ukcia.org
    got a growing guide

• Options
    I don't know how old you are, but if you know any teenagers they could possibly supply it to you. I wouldn't grow it in case you get caught, you know what the government are like.
  • Options
    Been someinteresting developments in Canada recently regarding medicinal use of marijuana. Our highest court just ruled it legal to possess for conditions such as MS, AIDS, and cancer.

Our federal goverment will now be bound by the courts to change the official laws, but the unofficial policies have been in place for ages.

For example, the goverment has secretly been supplying it to patients for years (presumably on a test basis). My best friend wiht MS has picked up her pre-rolled joints (prescribed by her neurologist) at the pharmacy every week for 3 years.

Another friend with MS has to buy it on the street but has a reliable dealer.

Both smoke small amounts. A "pinner" (a really small joint will last all day.

Perhaps you have access in England that you don't know about. Ak your doctor about trials or test groups that you may be able to get into. Or see a more sympathetic doctor. Surely you must be able to get your hands on it easily...I mean, doesn't your country's health care system cover the cost of heroin for junkies?

Burnout_Girl