Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

do i defy my dad???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i've got a bit ov a problem.
i haven't been allowed to see my uncle in over 9 years, because he USED to deal heroin.
now my dad wont let me see him and he says that if i ever do he'll kick me out. it's a very touchy subject but my Uncle keeps sending me presents and money and saying that he still would like to c me. when i was three my dad n my uncle went to court to see if my uncle was allowed to see me, my dad won and my uncle had no rights at all, now i'm oldre though i think i would like to see him just to see what he's like, he really used to dote on me when i was younger but i wonder if all this has changed now.
please tell me what u think

luv me***

Comments

• Options

I think it depends how old you are etc. At the end of the day, while you're in your Dad's house, you sorta have to abide by his rules, I'd guess. I suppose that you have to weigh up the possible consequences ... you may lose your father for 9 years through this. Perhaps wait until you've moved out or something ... ?
  • Options
    if he dosnt deal n e more, or take, then i think it shud b ok. ur dads just tryin 2 protect u, its a big bad world out there and no parent wants a child 2 b mixin in the drug scene, even if it ended 9yrs ago.
  • Options
    i dint know about this emma, ot werent i supposed 2?? i think u should not go behind ur dads back cos if ur dad kicks u out ull be stuck!