Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

guys i need some advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
there is talk that they are going to take blood tests of people in our school to check for drugs. i semi-regularily smoke weed, how long after you take it does it show up in a test? and can they do this without my consent?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They probably cant do it without ur consent but that would look well suspicious so ud b better off just skipping school.
    I know that pills n other stuff can stay in your system 4 upto 5weeks depending on your metabolism and i belive that weeds about 2weeks but im only passing on what ive heard.
    well if it is a couple of weeks is i'll probably be alright if i don't do it until after the test

I think weed takes far longer to get out the system than just 2 weeks 'cos they caught that snoboarder a few years ago that hadn't done it for weeks.
    Originally posted by J@ke:

I think weed takes far longer to get out the system than just 2 weeks 'cos they caught that snoboarder a few years ago that hadn't done it for weeks.

I heard a month, but I don't know how reliable the source was

i heard it was 8 days. but i thnik thats just the blood level cos i got a chart on body weight. trouble cos THC is fat soluble so it gets into ur muscles or something.

just say no to the test.
    I think (and I'm not 100%) that I agree with j9, - It takes about one month to 5 weeks before leaving your bloodstream. Certainly over a years just a scare story. Surely though, its just a rumour that your school would drug test - they might get a nasty surprise if they did.
    this just in, did some research.

it takes approximatly 8-12 days for your blood levels to drop back to legal levels, even tho it may stay in the blood for a while longer it needs to be above a certain level to be definate.
    thanks alot every body. they are now only going to test people that are suspect;
    e.g. anyone slightly abnormal eg goths sskaters &freaks
    e.g. me.
    ah well probably just a rumour, useful information though, in case i do have to do a test one day.