Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crackdown @ Isle of Wight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
from the Beeb

I wonder what members think about this; the support services are a good idea, but I don't know about the heavy police presence.

Comments

• Options
    Phil Batten from Nottingham says: "I don't really think drugs have got a place at a festival."

"Everyone can have a laugh without them, there's no need for any of that. It is expected but it shouldn't be there's no need - you just need to have a few beers," he adds.

Absolutely classic!

Its the idea that all drug users from the occasional spiff to the crack addict are all hardened users who are desperate for help it breaking their addiction I find mystifying. When in reality people with a full blown addiction are very unlikely going to go to a festival like this.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    When in reality people with a full blown addiction are very unlikely going to go to a festival like this.

I thought that...

and the "there is no need to take drugs... just have a few beers" made me laugh as well!
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Its the idea that all drug users from the occasional spiff to the crack addict are all hardened users who are desperate for help it breaking their addiction I find mystifying. When in reality people with a full blown addiction are very unlikely going to go to a festival like this.

exactly. and thats just pure naivity. :rolleyes:
    "there is no need to take drugs... just have a few beers"
    :lol: alcohol being a drug :rolleyes: